Dboys RK-10 (ak47) Not Shooting

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by Ze_Glocksman, Aug 5, 2012.

1. Ze_Glocksman

Ze_Glocksman New Member

Kerrville
    Hey guys my friend's dboys rk-10 is not shooting. Well more like every couple of shots 3 or so bbs shoot out and not very far. Its like every other shot a bb is getting jammed. Ive cleaned his barrel, put in high quality bbs and put the hop up all the way down and it still does the same thing. Ive also tried using a different mag to see if it was a feeding problem, but its not. Ive also fully charged his 9.6v battery so its not a battery problem either. I think its a hop up problem that is jamming the bbs but maybe not. If yall have any suggestions on how to fix it that would be great.

2. TheAirsoftTech

TheAirsoftTech New Member

Are the mags lubed/cleaned properly? This can lead to feeding issues...

3. gibbyairsoft97

gibbyairsoft97 New Member

It might be a feeding problem but if not try turning your hop up down and still I would take it to a local airsoft shop and tell them what had happened and they will fix it

4. TYSONtheSNIPER

TYSONtheSNIPER New Member

Edmonton
    How is its compression? Does he have the stock inner barrel or a tight bore barrel. If he has say a 6.01 tight bore it could be the bb's (even the high quality ones) getting stuck up at some point in the barrel, plus that and bad compression could lead to these problems. Or a worn bucking that no longer grips the bb's which could allow them to slide right out the end of the barrel.

5. TheAirsoftTech

TheAirsoftTech New Member

Ahh, forgot all of those. ;) Lol OP: it could be any of these. Usually 6.01's require a lot of barrel stabilization, meaning if you haven't done this your gun can easily jam.

6. Ze_Glocksman

Ze_Glocksman New Member

Kerrville
    The mags are lubed and cleaned properly and the hop up is turned all the way down. He has the stock barrel in. I still need to check his compression though. I dont think its a worn bucking because its only been used in a couple of games and im looking at it right now and it seems fine. I guess ill put the hop up back together an see how it shoots.

hey guys just took apart the gearbox to check the air pressure and its horrible! so I was looking to see where the leaks are coming from and his cylinder head is the problem. the metal tube is not connected to the plastic part of the cylinder head very well and when you push down on it the back of the cylinder head starts to pop out. Luckily, I have an extra cylinder head and will try his gun with that.

Yep the new cylinder head worked! it was his air comp. Thanks guys!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2012
  7. TornadoAirsoft

TornadoAirsoft New Member

Yea I have been searching around on this topic and I have ben noticing that Dboys don't lube there internals and some of them are plastic :(

8. Ze_Glocksman

Ze_Glocksman New Member

Kerrville
    Well Dboys does lube their internals but its crappy Chinese pig grease. And most stock guns have some plastic internals. Dboys is a brand that you would get if you want to do upgrading.