dboys rk03/aks-74

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by kamikazepanda16, Nov 15, 2012.

1. kamikazepanda16

kamikazepanda16 New Member

I was how good the dboys rk03 is because I want it and I heard it very picky with the mags and the gears need to be shimmed anything else please let me know

2. Ehudakineyah

Ehudakineyah New Member

Mililani
    It's just very picky with mags lol. "Very"

Shimming is a must in DBoys guns.

I'd personally try find the CYMA version of the same gun. Less hassle and might be even cheaper. And the gun won't sound like its dying when fired lol.

3. S1kkguy

S1kkguy New Member

London
    I can vouch for CYMA and would defo go for that over dboys for the internals and that lil bit extra reliability. Any AEG you get will need a good shim job and re-greasing as well as AOE correction.

4. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
    Like sikk said above, I'd just go with a cyma. They make some of the best clone AKs on the market for a very affordable price.

5. kamikazepanda16

I want the dboys for the full steel build but ill only be able to use it for backyard airsoft wars in till I have the money to get a chest rig and so on

6. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

Many CYMAs have steel bodies too.

7. Ehudakineyah

Ehudakineyah New Member

Mililani
    Both are cast steel. Still have the same tolerances of cracking

The CYMA's have a better factory finish of the metal. The DBoys are a little rougher.

Some models are stamped. But not a high quality.

8. kamikazepanda16

Well I found a few cyma ak's I liked on asgi and they both have a folding stock but I don't know how good the cm040c and cm040d is

9. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
    Well, the higher the number the better on Cyma's.

10. Commie

Commie New Member

Grand Rapids
    The full steel Dboys AK74 is not even available on ASGI, their potmetal version is though, as is Cymas pot metal version. If you want a Full Steel Dboys be prepared to buy from Hong Cong

11. kamikazepanda16

Well airsoft megastore has a few full steel dboys ak74 and there some what cheaper than asgi and evike but I can't find a good ak74 with folding stock so I'm thinking about just getting a g36e or Aug since I'm having a hard time finding a good ak74 in the 100-150 range

12. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

Airsoft megastore has a bad track record first of all, so I'd avoid them. Secondly evike and ASGI have 20% off coupon codes effective right now.

13. kamikazepanda16

Doesn't asgi also have store credit too??? I heard airsoft station is good too

14. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

No point in ordering from airsoft station, airsplat has a 21% off coupon code right now too. Yes, you do get store credit from ASGI, I believe.