De 614 aeg

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by 16harrij, Oct 24, 2012.

1. 16harrij

16harrij Active Member

Spearfish
    Is the Double Eagle m4 614 AEG a good quality gun?

2. Ze_Glocksman

Ze_Glocksman New Member

Kerrville
    Nope. It sucks.
    My brother got it when we were first coming into airsoft. It was good for back then.- it comes with a 7.2v nimh battery. The gearbox has lasted quite sometime though and before I converted my 11.1v lipo battery to deans I ran it on the DE.. my midcaps would skip every now and then.

****But I would seriously invest your money on a much higher quality aeg.*****

I'd reccomend a JG for you. Save up a bit more money and get a good aeg.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2012

3. 16harrij

16harrij Active Member

Spearfish
    Would it be a good starter? I'm relatively new to airsoft.

4. Ze_Glocksman

Ze_Glocksman New Member

Kerrville
    Umm how much money is in your budget?
    I would highly reccomend saving more money and investing in a good quality gun. Also who are you playing with? If it's at a field or cqb place then save up for a better gun. If its with your friends that don't really have good guns then you can get it of you want. But I would seriously reccomend saving up and getting a JG or cyma.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2012
  5. Username94

Username94 New Member

New York City
    No save up for a JG m4.

6. Leonidas

Leonidas New Member

Des Moines
    Not a bad gun for N00b vs N00b, but certainly not good

7. 16harrij

16harrij Active Member

Spearfish
    What price range would a good jg or cyma gun

8. Leonidas

Leonidas New Member

Des Moines
    Even $100 can get you a decent gun. I'd say $120-180

9. 16harrij

16harrij Active Member

Spearfish
    Just checked Airsoft Megastore. I'm thinking I will go with JG. Thanks for the suggestions guys!

10. Username94

Username94 New Member

New York City
    No problem. Also you can order from evike and use the coupon code "airsoftcon" to get %20 off. Just a suggestion.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2012
  11. 16harrij

16harrij Active Member

Spearfish
    Thanks very much!!!!!

12. Username94

Username94 New Member

New York City
    No problem. Now that you have your gun you are going to have to progress to the next level. I'll give you some tips, and future steps to take.

I. The first and foremost thing you will need is good eye protection whether its a facemask or ANZI rated goggles. Don't cheap out on eyepro you only get one set of eyes.

II. Arguably the second thing you need to invest in are good bb's. I recommend .25's for your gun in the following brands: goldenball, matrix, G&G, TSD, etc.

III. Next you will need to worry about taking care of your battery. You should get a smart charger, if you can't afford it now then make sure you get the exact charging time of your battery and don't overcharge it. Eventually you should invest in a 9.6v nimh or 7.4v lipo to increase your rate of fire and increase hours of gameplay.

IV. Now right about now you will be noticing that you're running out of ammo quickly and reloading one mag takes so long. This is when you buy extra magazines. You have your choice between a hicap or a midcap. The hicap will be the one that came with your gun. You will have to wind the wheel on the bottom for it to shoot. Midcaps hold less ammo, however you don't have to wind any wheel it feeds automatically. Buy a few of either for easier reloading.

V. You're probably wondering where you're going to carry these magazines, well now its time to invest in some gear. You're going to want to get some camouflage BDU's in a pattern of your choice. It should best suit your surrounding and make you blend in. Now you're going to want to throw a vest on top of that. Well then you can start a loadout thread on the forum and people will help you get the right gear.

VI. Now you have all your gear and your better batteries and you feel and look great, but theres just those moments when that guy is too far out of your range, or you can't get enough rounds going down range in time, you're going to want to upgrade your gun to fit your needs. Now you're ready to start an upgrade thread and receive advice from members on this forum.

Thats the way airsoft works, you need one thing after another lol.

13. 16harrij

16harrij Active Member

Spearfish
    Thanks for the tips. I have all of the equipment including a MOLLE tactical harness with pouches. I will need some extra mags though.

14. 16harrij

16harrij Active Member

Spearfish
    Is the JG M5-S6 [Mod 6] Enhanced version AEG a good gun? That's the gun I think I will get.

15. Username94

Username94 New Member

New York City
    Its pretty good. But there are better brand mp5's out there.

16. Nelson

Nelson Review Guru Supporting Member

Spokane
    This is true. I just picked up a Classic Army B&T MP5A3 for my usp and it is a fantastic gun. Good rate of fire with an 8.4v 1100mah (it's what the guy gave me) grab a few extra mags for it, 4 mo5 mags should fit in one m4 pouch. Guns settles around 340 which is nice for CQB and if you extend the barrel as mine is, you can even take it out to the field because it has a great hop up system.

17. 16harrij

16harrij Active Member

Spearfish
    What are the brands that sell high quality guns?

18. LT1

LT1 New Member

I have a question if it's not too late, how much do you want to spend?

19. 16harrij

16harrij Active Member

Spearfish
    I'm looking for a good quality gun for close to $100.

20. Commie

Commie New Member

Grand Rapids
    i suggest getting a used one on this or other forums, You will get much better deals.