1. chineseairsofterss

chineseairsofterss New Member

So my gun has a denas, but i used one of those deans to small tamiya plugs since i dont have a deans battery. My question is does the deans still work or does it render it useless?

2. Pashto

Pashto New Member

Mechanicsburg
    It renders it useless. In fact it is slightly worse than having only tamiyas because the deans have some resistance. Just attach deans to the battery. Remember to only cut one wire at a time.

3. Thestig

Thestig Some say... Supporting Member

Colorado Springs and Southern California
    It renders it useless. The deans are negated by the other plugs.

Edit: Sniped.

4. M4Ever

M4Ever New Member

San Antonio
    Basically, the deans works. It conducts with very little resistance. However, your tamiya is a bottleneck that doesn't allow full conductivity.

Switch completely to Deans, it's awesome. I found a clear difference in trigger response, and a slight increase (ever so slight) in ROF. This has been My experience with deans. And for the tiny price, it's a smart conversion. But yeah, right now you aren't doing yourself the best good.

5. chineseairsofterss

Ok, ill just buy another battery.

6. M4Ever

M4Ever New Member

San Antonio
    Or just wire the current one to deans. $5 for large connectors and heat shrink.

7. chineseairsofterss

I have other guns thatvarent deans. Would it be cheaper just to wire my other guns to deans, then convert my batterys to deans?

8. IHOP

IHOP New Member

Rockton
    Deans are like OMGWTFBBQ awesome. Get a balance charger and switch everything to deans. You will not reget it. Best $73 I ever spent on airsoft.

Also, make 2 deans to tamiya adapters. One female deans to male tamiya and one male deans to female tamiya. That will allow you to use deans batteries in a tamiya gun and tamiya batteries on a deans gun incase you need to either loan or borrow a battery.

9. M4Ever

M4Ever New Member

San Antonio
    How many other guns and what guns do you have. I have only one of my guns wired to deans. Mainly because I didn't want to have to convert Everything I ever bought electrical to deans. So, I would just go with the one gun. I have a guy on my team, my tech, who went all deans. Better performance for everything, but can't share batteries with others. Take it how you like it.

Scratch my idea. IHOP's is better. Just do it, Nike.

10. 703

703 Active Member

webster
    It will be cheaper to just switch everything to deans. Not to mention it will improve trigger resonce, ROF, etc...
    Most batteries don't come standard with deans anyways.

Standard battery will cost you ~ 25.00 +
    20 pack of deans (10 sets) - 7.39 http://www.ebay.com/itm/Deans-ultra...Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1c29b8f79e

You tell me what is cheaper... As long as you can solder you should be fine. Here is a good video on how to put deans on.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Yr5RULFA6s&feature=related[/ame]

11. M4Ever

M4Ever New Member

San Antonio
    Excellent Advice 703. Nice vid too.

12. chineseairsofterss

Yeh, im not much of a electrician ill prob just go ask my team tech to make all my guns deans. I only have two main guns i use anyways so it should be fine.

Also do i need a specific charger? Or can i just use the deans to tamiya cable when i charge.

13. MrAirsoft194

MrAirsoft194 New Member

You can put some taxxas deans on your gun I works great. Make sure to be careful when you wield + and - they must not touch, it will pop your fuse and spark. Just put a sponge between them.

Edit: they have better response the deans.

14. 703

703 Active Member

webster
    You only need a "special" charger if you use lipos.
    And Yes you can use a tamiya > deans connector to charge. I do this myslef. If you only run deans you could switch the charger over to deans as well but it's really up to you.