Decent sniper rifle?

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by AcidReaper, Nov 29, 2012.

1. AcidReaper

AcidReaper New Member

Ames
    Im currently running a nice setup with a JG G36c and a nice M9 for my current games. Im looking to get an accurate sniper for those times when my assault rifle just wont cut it.

I like my German setup with Flecktarn and the G36 (ignore the M9) so I was thinking something along the lines of an L96 or another German sniper. My problem is I don't know the first thing about snipers in general. Aeg or Spring? What brands are best?

Open to all opinions so long as there's no flaming =]

2. Flocktime

Flocktime New Member

NukeTown
    Well you are thinking a stock sniper rifle has more range than your g36. But it doesnt. If you plan on upgrading this sniper rifle it will not be better than the G36 unless you put 300-500$ into it. In realism, upgrade the G36. If you plan on leaving the sniper rifle stock then get rid of the idea of having one its not worth it. You can upgrade this sniper rifle, paint it and make it really nice then it will be worth it.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2012

3. lukeM

lukeM New Member

great falls
    My brother has an E1 M28.
    Don't get it. Magazines are such an issue

4. AcidReaper

AcidReaper New Member

Ames
    Thats not necessarily true. I could get a bolt action, upgrade the spring, and R-hop it for $40. Then a scope for another $30 would easily give it longer range than my g36. Lastly a tight bore would give it more accuracy for effective range

5. Valkyrie

Valkyrie New Member

A sniper is VERY expensive, because snipers require over 400$ in upgrades to even remotely compare to the accuracy of a well-tuned AEG. I'd upgrade your G36, like Flocktome said. Since your doing a German loadout, I'd buy the WE IdZ kit for your G36, a new bucking, a tightbore, and you'll be good to go.
    If you REALLY want to go with the hassle of sniping, the UTG Type 96 is decent for a Maruzen clone.

6. AcidReaper

AcidReaper New Member

Ames
    What would be an example of $400 in upgrades? i dont think i could spend that much on a bolt action even if i overhauled the whole thing

7. Valkyrie

Valkyrie New Member

Let's say you started with the best bang for buck sniper I know, (besides the original) the JG BAR-10.
    trigger-90-250
    hop up bucking-15-50
    Good TBB-50-70
    spring:15-40
    mags-30
    decent scope-60-100
    cylinder-50-150
    piston-35-70
    -good bipod-30-50
    Not to mention installing it all.

8. TYSONtheSNIPER

TYSONtheSNIPER New Member

Edmonton
    So you want to keep it German but you choose an L96??? That's not a German gun, its made in the United Kingdom.

9. AcidReaper

AcidReaper New Member

Ames
    im not saying i chose that. Its an option

10. Flocktime

Flocktime New Member

NukeTown
    Put some upgrades into the G36, make it long ranged. Put your scope on it. Disable auto and have fun.

11. AcidReaper

AcidReaper New Member

Ames
    http://guns.wikia.com/wiki/AI_L96

12. AcidReaper

AcidReaper New Member

Ames
    The sniper is for the occasion when my g36 wont cut it. (effective range). If i turn mine into a dmr i have higher engagement distance and semi auto only for my primary. It would defeat the purpose because then i would be able to hit farther... but anyone within 60 feet would be at the sole mercy of my pistol then. Not going to fly

13. Flocktime

Flocktime New Member

NukeTown
    The "L96" is from Britain. The Germans used a variant.

the Bundeswehr (Germany Army) also adopted the AW Super Magnumrifle chambered in .300 Winchester magnum (German caliber designationis 7.62x67mm) as Scharfschutzengewehre (sniper rifle - german) G22.

14. Flocktime

Flocktime New Member

NukeTown
    Thats why its semi automatic. You aren't gonna hurt him.

15. AcidReaper

AcidReaper New Member

Ames
    The g36K is a variant as well. It's still considered a g36. Just as the G22 is considered an L96. The single difference is the caliber of bullet fired. In this case, as we are using 6mm bbs the caliber is different once again so I could call any l96 just a modified g22 and call it german

16. AcidReaper

AcidReaper New Member

Ames
    The point was the I would need to upgrade my pistol to be accurate at 60 feet or buy another AR which would cost about the same as upgrading a sniper

17. Flocktime

Flocktime New Member

NukeTown
    Or upgrade the G36 and still have money left over to upgrade the pistol.

18. AcidReaper

AcidReaper New Member

Ames
    So getting back on topic, any recommendations on a decent German sniper rifle?

19. DadCRO

DadCRO New Member

Guys, let him get a sniper rifle. He already has a gun he can fall back on if he doesn't like sniping.

Acid, it will take a bunch of money to get enough range on the sniper rifle in order to call it that. However, you don't have to spend all that money at once. Go with the most important upgrades first, and then, as you get more money, buy the other things.

The UTG L96 is a good base for a sniper rifle.

20. AcidReaper

AcidReaper New Member

Ames
    You sir, are a genius.

So I guess now the question is which brand/model of l96? I've seen quite a few around but I'm unsure of the quality.