Desert Eagle problem

Discussion in 'Gas Powered Guns' started by champo98, Nov 5, 2012.

1. champo98

champo98 New Member

OK guys, sorry if there is already a thread about this that I can't find, link it here. But my friend has a Co2 desert eagle, either from magnum or KWC. (It's full auto) He isn't sure. But what happened is he tried to fire it, and the inner barrel shot out of the gun. We think it may be an oring problem, but not really sure. Any help is appreciated. He may be moving away soon so if you know anything that could help, the faster we can fix this the better.

2. bal1

bal1 New Member

I don't think the barrel shooting out of the gun is an o ring problem at all...

3. champo98

champo98 New Member

Do you have any clue what it could be? any possibilities?

4. bal1

bal1 New Member

Honestly,the barrel shooting out of the gun is the craziest thing I've ever heard. My apologies but I have no clue what it Is.

5. Sohte

Sohte Member

San Jose/ Bay Area
    The inner barrel is probably not securely fastened to the barrel assembly.
    Remove the slide and take appart the barrel assembly and use Teflon tapeor silicone sealant to help keep the inner barrel in.

With high pressure gas like C02 there is a higher rate of gun damage and failure.

6. champo98

champo98 New Member

I know that they are more likely to be ruined, but he doesnt care. m60, broken for a year, galil still in peices, and now this. Ill clet him know what you said. Thanks

7. bal1

bal1 New Member

Two four hundred dollar guns in pieces or broken. That is not awesome.

8. champo98

champo98 New Member

He bought them at a local store, so they were like $100 more than they should be.

9. bal1

bal1 New Member

Would he sell them? Preferably cheap?

10. champo98

champo98 New Member

He had talked about it. PM me If your serious and I'll hook you guys up to contact each other directly.

11. rblevinski

rblevinski New Member Supporting Member

Philadelphia
    That sounds very odd, it is a kwc desert eagle by the way. I have not experienced any issues with my Desert Eagle itself. Although I have experienced many with the mag. A side note if you do fix it, avoid using full auto on it. It is know to brake that gun much quicker. Like stated above try to field strip it, and take it apart you may be able to find the answer to all your problems in there.

12. champo98

champo98 New Member

Like I said it my friends gun, so I really don't know what he has dine with it. It has never been fielded, but I think he used full auto for target practice in his backyard. It is a cool feature, but unnessissary

13. Xzerthus

Xzerthus New Member

sorry for necroing the thread, but i have the exact same problem with a KWC Deagle, the barel slides out after 1-2 shots, so maybe since 2012 we gained some more insight on this problem ?
    ty for the ideas.

14. machgo

machgo New Member

Chicago
    Hi, I recently acquired a Desert Eagle and experienced the same problem of the inner barrel flying out the front of the outer barrel. Also I have had the inner barrel get sucked INTO the gun when the slide blows back. Both problems are related.

The inner barrel is secured to the hop up unit with two O-rings, one before and one after the hop unit. They are set in grooves, the kind typically used for E or C-clips. The entire assembly is secured within the outer barrel by a roll pin. The design is awful, especially for a CO2 gun with as much power as the Desert Eagle.

The O-rings will get sheared off by brute force, allowing the inner barrel to slide right through the hop unit. I had O-rings that were close in size, but not quite as small. They work to hold the barrel in place, but the hop rubber doesn't sit quite right as a result, and I get over hop even with hop turned all the way off. I believe the hop unit is buckling ever so slightly right at the hop "window."

When I can I will search for C-clips of the right size...something the factory should have used in the first place.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2015