Did i get a good one?

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by Zzpop11, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Zzpop11

Zzpop11 New Member

Clarkston
    Hey guys I'm new to the forum and just ordered the airsoft gi desert g4-a3 version 2 carbine,is that a good one?

2. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize Active Member

OKC
    Are you knew to airsoft? If you're a beginner it should be a great beginner gun. The externals are amazing but I've heard bad things about the internals..

3. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    I don't think so, for that cash I'd fetch a nice King Arms.

4. BlackNightBravo

BlackNightBravo Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I'd se how it goes and upgrade internals if you aren't satisfied.

~B

P.S. Why ask after you ordered? Ask before! :)

5. Fyzix

Fyzix Fyzzy Was Here. Supporting Member

Garland
    Externally, great. Internally, it's a Combat Machine. You could have done better.

Next time, ask before you buy.

6. Zzpop11

Zzpop11 New Member

Clarkston
    Haha thanks, yeah I'm new to AEG's. I mean I've played with spring pistols with a couple friends for a while but finally decided I wanted to upgrade without breaking the bank either. I found this one on sale for Christmas and it sounded like a good starter from the description. Can anybody give me some advice about internal upgrades because once I get some more money I'd like to but I don't want to just start buying stuff that I don't know is good or that I can install myself.

7. Leonidas

Leonidas New Member

Des Moines
    Not bad, this one's a great starter. G4's are a great starting lineup.

8. Zzpop11

Zzpop11 New Member

Clarkston
    Alright cool for right now I think I will be perfect compared to my spring pistol.

9. Leonidas

Leonidas New Member

Des Moines
    Most definitely. Remember that it does not come with battery or charger.

10. Zzpop11

Zzpop11 New Member

Clarkston
    Yeah I still have to order a battery I Wasn't sure which to buy the intellect 9.6v 1600mAh NiMH nunchuck or I've heard that Lipo batteries are better but some guns can't handle them.

11. SD1014x

SD1014x New Member

The Intellect 9.6v is fine, don't use a Lipo for the G4. With that said I would get a higher mAh if you can afford it (so you can play longer). Also don't forget a charger, a smart charger is a good investment and decent ones can be found for $25 or less.

12. Zzpop11

Zzpop11 New Member

Clarkston
    Ok thanks, I have a little wall charger but I do want to get a smart charger. I want to get upgrades eventually although I'm hearing that the gun I got is a good starter gun and I don't have much of a income right now to buy what I want so should upgrade the gun I have or just wait and save up for a better platform?