Different hop ups

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by deathmonkey_352, Nov 13, 2012.

1. deathmonkey_352

deathmonkey_352 New Member

I'm sorry this thread is probably already on here but when ever I search either hop up, r hop, er hop, or ir hop the app comes back with no matches so I was wondering, What is the difference and how do they work?

2. Star_folder

Star_folder New Member

Lexington
    R-hop is a rubber patch that sits in your hop up window. It applies flat even hop to the bb increasing the back spin and quality of the spin, creating for longer, more accurate shots than with a standard hop up.

The ER-hop is a longer version of the R-hop and requires modification of the barrel and hop up chamber. It may not work in every hop up chamber, unlike the R-hop. The ER-hop is specifically designed to hop bbs .36g and heavier.

The IR-hop and IER-hop are cold variations of the R-hop and ER-hop. It is a different kind of rubber that is less effected by temperatures, specifically cold weather. This is ideal for internal gas guns because of the very cold gas that can freeze buckings, or if you play in sub zero temperatures.

3. deathmonkey_352

Where could I get some IER or some ER hop up patches because winter is coming fast here in WI and I would like to have a cold weather configuration. Thank you

4. CoppertopNeasg

CoppertopNeasg New Member

Boston
    Clandestine will supply more r-hop patches and and buckings you could need.

5. deathmonkey_352

Am I supposed to glue these in or something

6. iTunesTomato

iTunesTomato New Member

Oakland