Disabling Full Auto on an AEG

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by germann, Dec 23, 2012.

1. germann

germann New Member

I'm considering making my M16 into more of a DMR style gun, as it already shoots 430+. In order to shoot this full auto at my local field, I would have to buy a weaker spring, and I'm not sure that is the right option. What can I do to disable the full auto on my gun? It is a version 2 gearbox, A&K M16 SPR. The modification need's to be reversible, so that if I would like to use it at another match where full auto would be acceptable, I'm not stuck on semi. Searching the forums and web didn't get me an exact answer except for a MOSFET unit, and that seems daunting.

Thanks

2. MrGoodkat

MrGoodkat New Member

Last edited: Dec 23, 2012

3. iTunesTomato

iTunesTomato New Member

Oakland
    Didn't we just have a thread on this last week?
    I swear, Marine is entering links in the reply box right now

4. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
  5. iTunesTomato

iTunesTomato New Member

Oakland
  6. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    Ya bro lol, I've been getting around to making an image for that, but I'm lazy...

7. MrGoodkat

MrGoodkat New Member

8. backyardsn1per

backyardsn1per New Member

Fennimore
    You could put a bolt into the side of the receiver so that you can't move the seclector switch to full auto.

9. germanphoenix13

germanphoenix13 New Member

Fullerton
    You could drill a small hole in your receiver and put a screw in it to prevent you from switching into full-auto. In my G3, the screwhead is inside the receiver, preventing me from taking out the screw in the middle of a round. Also, if it's a stock A&K, I doubt it's actually shooting that hot, so you may want to get it chrono'ed.

10. germann

germann New Member

I was thinking of doing something like that. Did you just put a nut and washer outside of the receiver then? The slip that came with the gun said ASGI tested it at 446 fps before packing. Is that right? Who knows. A lot of reviews I have seen online for the gun make that a possible number.

11. Shadowex3

Shadowex3 New Member

Even inside-out you'll still be able to undo it with just a pair of pliers and a little twisting. Modifying the selector plate is basically the best method, just remember on M4 style guns you'll also need a different spring to deal with the change. The spring from a BIC lighter actually fits perfectly.

12. germanphoenix13

germanphoenix13 New Member

Fullerton
    Nope, made the hole slightly smaller than the screw so it threads into the receiver. You do have to remove the gearbox to place the screw in, because the screwhead should be inside the receiver, making it impossible to remover the screw without either removing the gearbox or ripping apart the receiver. so to reverse it, remove the gearbox and unscrew. It's really simple.

13. germann

germann New Member

Thanks for the advice. Pictures are worth a thousand words..if you have one to show that would definitely answer any more questions I have

14. WAR10CK333

WAR10CK333 New Member

Delanson
    How could I disable full auto on my v3 gearbox (a cm048 DMR build). I play at my house so I don't need to adhere to any rules so whether or not its internally or externally disabled doesn't matter. I was thinking an easy way would to just Fill the little gap where the selector switch clicks into place for full auto. Then it would just slide over into semi instead of locking into full auto. And if it ever jammed I could hold it in full auto to clear it out. I think this is the way to go.

15. Shadowex3

Shadowex3 New Member

I might be wrong but I think I remember from one I was working on breaking that if you remove the external selector parts entirely the gun defaults to semi.