Discharger (?)

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by airsoftc0nstrictor, Aug 21, 2012.

1. airsoftc0nstrictor

airsoftc0nstrictor New Member

Weston
    Hey guys (skip to end if you really don't want to read it all), I have had my CA MOE for around 7 months now and while back I shot around 1000 bb's with around a 1 minute stop between each mag change/reload. After shooting all that, I tried to shoot again and it made a whirring sound, I tightened the motor screw, and it worked. That has happened (the sound) multiple times after and I fixed it by fiddling with the motor screw. Then one day a month ago, I tried fixing it after hearing the sound. and it didn't work. I cannot access the motor due to a stripped hex (Magpul uses hex for the stock screws). So I was looking around and saw that I should use a discharger (I knew that before, but looked past it). Would this be it? Do I need to get a discharger and a new battery or is it the motor?

In short...My motor is making a whirring sound, I cant access it due to a stripped screw, should I just go to a store? But I think I might need a discharger cause I never used one, would the un-discharged battery be the problem maybe? Please help. Thanks for all the help in advance.

2. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    Have you tried already using a torque screwdriver on the hex? That's how I removed a stripped hex screw, but after you remove it I don't advise putting it back in, find a different screw.

3. airsoftc0nstrictor

Weston
    How big was your hex screw? Mine is like the smallest one (I think 2mm...?). Could you show me a link to which one you used?

4. marine121496

Ann Arbor
    Ah sorry I'm out of town so I don't have the tool on me, I think it was like a t4 or similar size. But It was also on a magpul grip so if you can find one to try it would be worth a shot.

5. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    Your battery has nothing to do with this problem. You generally don't need to discharge airsoft batteries from cycle to cycle, even the old NiCds, because we don't use them in a way that causes the memory effect. You still occasionally want to give your pack a good deep cycle from time to time, but playing with it until it dies will accomplish the discharge portion of that.

As for your problem, you're going to need to pop the heat sink off of the pistol grip and take a look at your motor. You might also have to get into the gearbox. That spinning sound means that your motor is turning but something isn't catching. Either your motor height is off (which you said adjusting didn't solve), or a gear or your piston is stripped.

6. airsoftc0nstrictor

Weston
    Ok. Would this work? http://www.amazon.com/Anytime-Tools...345642284&sr=1-1&keywords=t4+torx+screwdriver Also my screw is completely stripped, as in almost round, will it still work?
    Ok, cool, I will try to look inside. All I need to do is get the stripped screw out of there. Thanks

7. marine121496

Ann Arbor
    Maybe not if it is too stripped, I just wanted to offer up what I know from experience.

8. Dead Eye

Dead Eye New Member

Ocala
    another thing you can do is if you own a dremel and can get a good clean shot on it then cut a slit on the hex screw, and just use a flat head screwdriver on it.

9. airsoftc0nstrictor

Weston
    I don't, but thanks. And thanks to everyone. I'll try to get a torque screwdriver soon.