DIY personalizing my guns

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by Da-ninjabreadman, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Da-ninjabreadman

Da-ninjabreadman Member

Hutchinson
    hey guys, for christmas i am getting alot of external parts for my KWA LM4. but until then i need to keep busy. i really want to make my LM4 something sexy, which means that it almost has to be unique. i have a couple of ideas and i wanted to come to you guys for opinions and to see if they are safe to do on my gun. the first one is coloring in the engravings. from what i see it uses ether was crayons or nail polish. i would feel much better with the crayons as it isn't super permanent. but might try nail polish on other less expensive guns. here's the video i would be using as reference.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QHedczSHjs&feature=related[/ame]
    this requires heating the gun and applying the crayon. i was wondering if it would warp or discolor the receiver? the guy says he used it on his real ar's but i doubt even KWA has the quality of their metals.
    another idea is engraving patterns into the smaller parts like pins, dust cover, charging handle buffer tube, trigger guard. i am by no means a professional engraver and could use some assistance on methods, i plan on using stencils and a pretty cheap electric engraving tool i got from the store. would this work out ok? or am i in over my head. any other things i can do at home or at a shop to make my guns more unique?

2. S0m3_0n3

S0m3_0n3 New Member

I do it on plastic receivers, just don't heat for more then a second or 2 and you should be fine

3. Da-ninjabreadman

Da-ninjabreadman Member

Hutchinson
    all i have to say is wow, i just tried this on an old WE g18 slide and it turned out great. going to be doing this on the lm4 in a few minuets. expect pictures

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 28, 2012