Dmr project help

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by cteas21, Aug 9, 2015.

1. cteas21

cteas21 New Member

Charlotte
    Hey guys,
    So its been a while since my last post, but I thought I'd update my original DMR project post. The build list as of now stands:
    Gun: KWA KM4-A1 (Old version, I'm assuming as it is rear wired.)

Gearbox:
    -Stock Gears
    -Stock Motor
    -M125 Spring (Don't know brand, but around 420-425ish with a .20
    -Stock Compression assembly (mostly)
    -Stock Trigger, Tappet Plate, and trigger sears/connectors assembly
    -Stock Wires
    -Prommy Piston and Piston Head
    -Stock Wires
    -Stock anti-reversal latch
    -(Everything else is stock, KWA Makes a solid gearbox)

Hop Up & Barrel Assembly
    -G&G Green Bucking (Flat Hopped)
    -M Nub (HS5 I believe, great product.)
    -Stock Hop-Up Unit
    -Modified Hop Up Arm for the Flat Hop
    -Madbull Steel Bull V2 509 mm barrel

Variables
    -I run mostly .30 gram bb's, but I am curious about how .32s might work.
    -11.1 Lipo Battery (Valken)

Externals:
    -AIM 1.1-4 x 25 scope with fake larue mount.
    -G&P TMR Rail System
    -Worn externals for "that look"
    -Krytac Stock for better storage
    -Madbull Gemtech Barrel Extension
    -KWA Goodness

Questions:
    1.) With .30, the tech at my local shop claimed 290 feet. I believe this, but my home field doesn't present many opportunities for uber long range shooting without the interference of branches or bush. Does 290 feet seem about right? Measured on google maps, my gun accurately goes goes beyond a 240 foot benchmark with accuracy.
    2.) With flat hop and around 430 with a .2 considered, what would the ideal BB weight be for my gun? I have not tried .32s yet, but .30s have yielded remarkable success.
    3.) Are there any further upgrades or mods I should have installed into my gun?

Thank you very much everyone, I look forward to hearing from you.

2. NeoAugAU-3G

NeoAugAU-3G Active Member

Las Vegas
    Would prefer you updated your previous post to help keep continuity of your build, along with keeping the forum tidy.

1. does it really matter what the actual distance is if you are accurate to the edges of your field?

2. ideal bb weight is the heaviest you can use to reach the distance you desire. I never use anything under .25 for any gun, and prefer over .30s

3. this is subjective. if you are accurate to your desired range you don't NEED to do anything.

3. cteas21

cteas21 New Member

Charlotte
    I'm sorry for the new thread, I just didn't want to "necro-post" with a thread over a couple of months old without a reply, but thanks.
    1.) I just took the gun out today, it was barely reaching the 150ish mark and acted as if the flat hop was not existent as it normally gives me a floating effect out to 290'.
    2.) Does anybody know if a bucking used for over a year with a flat hop needs to be replaced at this point. I feel like the hop up is acting like a normal hop up. Has anybody else had this problem?

4. NeoAugAU-3G

Las Vegas
    a bucking over a year old is AT MINIMUM worth inspecting. depending how many rounds have been thru it, there is a decent chance you need a new one.

5. cteas21

cteas21 New Member

Charlotte
    On that note, does anybody have any suggestions for a bucking nub combo that will yield me positive results. I am comfortable with flat hop mods, so if someone could refer me to the best bucking nub combo for flat hop! Thanks!

6. NeoAugAU-3G

Las Vegas
    lonex 70d, g&g green, or prommy purple for buckings. the best nub is an m-nub custom fit to your window, followed by a custom cut eraser nub.

7. cteas21

cteas21 New Member

Charlotte
    Judging by your quotes, I think I'll take that information lol. Thanks Neo!