Dmr Under 300

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by Blake_ec, Sep 9, 2015.

1. Blake_ec

Blake_ec New Member

San Fransisco
    HI, I am new to airsoft and I need a mid-long range dmr because i will be playing on a large field. I need something under $300, preferably on the low side because i also want to purchase a scope, bipod and other attachments. I have been considering an m14. Any suggestions? :)

2. Tactical_Skittles

Tactical_Skittles Active Member

Moscow
    A stock M14 is not going to perform any better than an M4 or AK. A DMR is a highly tuned system whose performance cannot be found in a stock gun.

If you like the M14 though, nothing is stopping you from upgrading it and turning it into a DMR.

3. Sillypancake

Sillypancake New Member

Kansas City
    What you just described does not exist on the market, at least not that I'm aware of.

Doing a little math, let's just say that you buy a Cyma M14 for $106 (on sale now), a scope, bipod, and "other attachments" for roughly $90 (for cheap crap). That's $196 out the door; that leaves you a little over $100 for upgrades. Now, I'm no airsoft AEG tech (Spring sniper rifles ftw), but I'm pretty sure that $100 is not enough to upgrade your stock Cyma into a high performance rifle. A quality motor (I think it's good) like an SHS high torque is gonna run you maybe $42 +

http://www.amazon.com/Torque-Motor-...UTF8&qid=1441855676&sr=8-9&keywords=aeg+motor

That's almost half of your upgrade money gone.

I'd reccommend starting with just the m14, with no any fancy things done to it, just to see if you like it. Then, if you feel that you want to upgrade it, go for it, but hopefully by then you've acquired more funds and knowledge.

Hope this has helped :)

4. Blake_ec

Blake_ec New Member

San Fransisco
    I see. I guess what I need then is a gun/set up under 300 that is ranged and has rails. Maybe something a bit more creative than an m4/m16. Any ideas?

5. Sillypancake

Sillypancake New Member

Kansas City
    Hmmm... this is really out of my field of expertise, but I'll give it a shot.

"That is ranged" . . . . . . Well, all airsoft guns have range, it just depends how much money and time you put into them that affects it.

With a $300 budget, it would seem as if you had quite a bit of money to spend. However, if you take into account the amount of money required to purchase all of the things necessary to begin, that money shrinks quickly.

If AR-15's aren't your thing, you can still go with the m14, but you can choose other platforms as well. Ak's, G36's, Scar's, ACR's come to mind, but it's your preference. All of these guns, minus classic ak's and m14's, have RIS rails, but they're all stock guns, so their range will be what you'd expect from a gun at that price: ok.

Like I said before, you are in charge of your own destiny. Go online, find some affordable guns, read the reviews, do plenty of research, etc. etc. If you have some specific questions, you can ask them on this forum, just make sure that you show that you've done the necessary work.

6. Raven1st

Raven1st Well-Known Member

San Ramon valley
    Your best budget option would be to buy a used AR/AK and use the money you save on upgrades.

A used China clone will run you about 80$ on the forum classifieds, parts would be about 100 (hopup, bucking, piston, motor, bits), decent BBs would be 12$ (ASM has 2,50p Goldenball .30g BBs for 11$ and free shipping) then you will need some tech work done and a decent optic.

It would be possible to make a DMR for under 300, but it would also be heavily reliant on your teching skills.

7. kazuma5201

kazuma5201 New Member

Raleigh
    Sadly, a DMR isn't bought. It is created through tinkering. Fortunately you can turn just about anything into a DMR - which means you can find a $100 M4 or whatever make/model you prefer, and go to town. I personally wouldn't go any lower than $100, and with at least an 80% satisfaction rating, and reading through nearly every review. Also it's really important to make sure you have good solid externals for many reasons, as most of the internals will probably be replaced in the long-run. Usually in that range nearly everything internal is at least metal too.

Look up on google, "The Holy Grail of DMR". You should find plenty of information on creating a DMR, and hopefully you can figure out the cost along the way. I will say, it'll be hard doing it for $300... but I'm sure it's possible. Personally I've put close to $500 in mine overall, but I'm a bit of a perfectionist.

8. Blake_ec

Blake_ec New Member

San Fransisco
    Hey guys, I appreciate all the help. What i think im gonna do is get myself a jg Custom Series AUG RAS, which is a very good starter gun. That leaves me some money for attachments. I will upgrade the internals as i go. Thanks for all the help!

9. Raven1st

Raven1st Well-Known Member

San Ramon valley
    A piece of advice I remember hearing is that you can always extend the deadline.

Just because you are stuck to a limited budget now does not mean you need to fit everything going into this build into your current budget.
    Buy the quality parts you want with what you have now, then in couple months from now see what budget you have to buy more parts.

10. airsoftmaniacman

airsoftmaniacman Active Member

Baltimore
    The crazy part of building a DMR is you're just scratching the bottom rung of "perfection." A lot more money can still be spent.

Agreed. Anybody that has built a good, performance-focused rifle does so over a period of time. A rifle worth talking about isn't built in one sitting. It takes weeks, if not months, or even years to continually test, tune, and perfect a long range precision build.