DMR upgrade help

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by CheckpointLima141, Jan 3, 2022.

1. CheckpointLima141

CheckpointLima141 Member

Gonzales
    So i got myself an Ares KAC M110 and i wanna do some upgrades, the only thing I’ve done so far is a Prometheus 6.03 tbb, but I’m not sure what else to do from there. I dont want to go the HPA route either, but definitely want to upgrade the internals just not sure what is worth doing.

2. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    Hopup Packing/Rubber/Bucking, best bang for your buck for range and accuracy.

However the Prommy barrel you may have purchased may not be conducive for the modern range improvement packings. Which barrel model did you get?

3. CheckpointLima141

CheckpointLima141 Member

Gonzales

IMG_5366.jpg
    This is the barrel i got, although the Preinstalled RHOP patch was removed due to causing issues with feeding and then with the accuracy of the bb.

4. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    R-Hop works well if it's tuned correctly, don't do it right and it won't work. Plus, it limits your bb selection..

What are you running for a hop-up system right now?

By that I am asking about packing and nub.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2022
  5. CheckpointLima141

CheckpointLima141 Member

Gonzales
    Prometheus flat nub and smooth bucking

6. CheckpointLima141

CheckpointLima141 Member

Gonzales
    Sorry for the same message multiple times signal sucks where I’m at

7. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    Rather dated method, but it works., it's Flat Hopping with out the destructive mods.

Try a maple leaf setup. If installed right, you get 90% of RHop performance over a larger range of bb weights if you are not happy with your Flat Hop.

8. CheckpointLima141

CheckpointLima141 Member

Gonzales
    I’ll definitely give it a shot, the only thing that sucks is that i either have to do the stock hop unit or a longer nozzle if i go with an aftermarket one

9. OPairoft

OPairoft Active Member

Bend
    R hop doesn’t limit your bb weight if done right/depending on what you want.

10. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    Key word, "depending"

Tune a AEG to uplift .32 and if there is any intrusion, you will never get a .20 to not hit anything but sky even with it being "off".

And not many "novices" can achieve a "total" off R-Hop build.

11. Adil

Adil New Member

New York
    Which barrel model did you get?

12. CheckpointLima141

CheckpointLima141 Member

Gonzales
    I posted a picture of the exact one i got in my m110 right now