Airsoft Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

· Registered
209 Posts
The Tavor gets a lot of "WTF is that?"
I never heard of a Tavor, so I looked it up. I can see that response... lol Interesting gun, though.

Sky Tire Wheel Cloud Automotive tire

This pic makes me chuckle. That looks like an interesting field, Guges. A LOT of work must have gone into building it. If I may, how about cost? Is there a flat fee to enter and play, or does it vary by the event?

· Administrator
12,082 Posts
Varies by event. Open play is just 25.00 for 6 hours of play. Events ramp up to 125.00 for all day and/or night.

Here is a snip of their Drone Shot on Facebook...play area extends 200 yards into the surrounding woods too.

Plant Land lot Grass Urban design Landscape

· Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Getting back to the subject of brute strength, the guy who talked about dual-wielding AKs made me wonder about this Classic Army M249 I have, so I picked it up by the pistol grip with one hand to see if I could dual-wield those. Turns out I could, but I'd have to have the stock slung under my shoulder in order to be able to do that, plus I probably couldn't run very fast.

· Registered
50 Posts
Varies by event. Open play is just 25.00 for 6 hours of play. Events ramp up to 125.00 for all day and/or night.

Here is a snip of their Drone Shot on Facebook...play area extends 200 yards into the surrounding woods too.
That is the absolute bomb field. I thought TCA was ok....but dang. Thanks Guges....see you out there at some point!!

· Registered
50 Posts
On topic, everytime I think I'm going to use an m4 for my return to the game, I end up getting pulled back to AK's. Granted, I've used AK's, and they sort of fit my style. I'm a rebel, and I'm not a conformist so....AK's just suit my personality...

· Registered
57 Posts
I had 5 AK type rifles at one point and although I never felt like I was the only person using one. It definitely seemed like I was the only person with more than a years experience using one. Right now I have 2 complete AK's. An APS 74 with the dark cherry stain my buddy built on commission. When it's working it's pretty darn good. I would Milsim with this, problem though is it's pretty much cursed to always have an electrical failure when on the field. Even with little 7.4's

The other is a basic CMO48. I got it for 15$ incomplete but electrically sound from a shop boneyard sale. I've got maybe 80 in parts and it's the best gearbox i've ever built. Though I messed up the hop bucking and haven't gotten around to fixing it. Also the stock, despite being from another cmo48 is SUPER loose and needs material added to it in order to screw down tight between the tabs/tongs/bars whatever they're called. I have had some good games with it despite the insane wobble. ( The front also wobbled like crazy but it's since been shimmed as tight as I can get it. )

I have a nice weathered E&L receiver but I don't have a same brand gearbox to put in it. I have a barrel and some other parts. I need to buy an AKM stock from Evike or someone for it cause I wasn't able to mod my old LCT stock to work without big wobble. I also have a 74n trunnion receiver I would like to build into a South Ossetia rifle someday. Also have a B11 and B13 for an E&L 74U I no longer have the gun, it didn't have the right stock for a tarkov scav gun.

TLDR: Unless your a dedicated Rus4 player it seems like AK's are only popular among newer players. Despite, in my opinion, being the superior and easier to work on v3 gearbox. I never have clearance issues with gears and bushings in V3. I seem to ALWAYS have issues in V2's. So... Shrug.png

21 - 26 of 26 Posts