does anyone actually use there sights in cqb?

Discussion in 'General Accessory Discussion' started by newbieairsoft123, Sep 23, 2012.

1. newbieairsoft123

newbieairsoft123 New Member

I'm thinking about mounting an optic on my rifle, but when I was playing at my local arena I noticed I didn't really use my iron sights very much but I was still kicking *** without them will adding a red dot sight help in cqb or are they just for looks?

2. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
    Personally, in CQB, I use my sights a lot( soon to b getting an optic ). But that's just me, I know of others who don't use their sights though.

3. Dead Eye

Dead Eye New Member

Ocala
    I do as well for most shots.

4. PistolsAndMP5s

PistolsAndMP5s New Member

Corona
    I use my red dot scope. Its very helpful so you don't have to trace the BBs and (if the scope is zeroed in) you'll know exactly where the BB will go before pulling the trigger.

5. DaveRuination

DaveRuination New Member

Alhambra
    yeah, in my honest opinion iron sights are all you really need for cqb - this way your sight picture is un-obstructed by a red dot. that being said, plenty of people seem to use them just fine so it might be one of those personal preference things. but for cqb instinct shooting is a great skill to have also.

6. airsoftaddict89

airsoftaddict89 New Member

Picayune.
    I use my red dot allot. Especially at longer ranges.

7. Shadowex3

Shadowex3 New Member

Depends on your CQB area. The human mind has a phenomenal ability to tell where things are and where they'll go, especially if you have two hands on it. it might help with longer hallway shots or even just keep you on-form though. Really I'd find one the most useful at midfield distances.

8. Detmcclane

Detmcclane New Member

Jefferson City
    I use an MP5k, and when I extend it at arm's length at the end of the sling the sights line up naturally. Helps a lot down long hallways. Close in, not so much.