Does anyone else make this gun?

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by Whiplashairsoft1, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Whiplashairsoft1

Whiplashairsoft1 New Member

42 Wallaby Way
    Hi everyone,

The first photo is probably my favorite style of gun of all time. However, I really hate the short version, for some strange reason. I know JG makes the long version, but besides JG and tactical force ( -_- ) I don't know of any other brands. (AND the TF version has been discontinued like three years ago). I have owned both the JG and the Tactical Force. The JG is built for CQB and NOT field, and it has really low range (at least mine did, that's why I got rid of it). The hopup is crap, and the fps is really low. I have neither gun anymore. I wondered if there was a higher end brand that made this gun, as I really don't feel like buying the JG and upgrading it. Any help? I've looked quite a bit.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. 703

703 Active Member

webster

3. Whiplashairsoft1

42 Wallaby Way
    Okay, thanks, 703. Anyone make one with that style of stock? I guess I could just swap for the JG one, but that meanz moar hasselz!

4. 703

703 Active Member

webster
    Looks like a standard crane stock. You could swap the one from your gun now to a new one. It's really not that much of a hassle.

5. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    That stock is JG's abomination of the HK 416 stock. No other company makes an M4 with a KAC RIS with that stock because no real gun manufacturer sells it. You could buy any M4 with a KAC RIS (as linked by 703, though there are probably a dozen more options as well) and buy an HK 416 stock to go with it. And honestly, if you like that stock, that's what you should do. The JG version of that stock is crap. It's cheap and flimsy and it looks like hell.

6. Whiplashairsoft1

42 Wallaby Way
    @Knief,

I know it's cheap and flimsy from using it, which is another reason I'm highly hesitant to do that. I did not realize, however, that there was no real steel counterpart to that particular stock and that it was a spinoff. Where can I get a good HK 416 stock? Evike?

7. Knief

Ann Arbor
  8. Whiplashairsoft1

42 Wallaby Way
    Wow, I'll never be able to afford it, but is the real one compatible on all those versions? (KWA ICS, G&P, VFC?)

9. Knief

Ann Arbor
    It would depend on the buffer tube you buy it for. Somebody might have to correct me, but I believe airsoft buffer tubes are manufactured to the mil spec size, and most commercially available real steel stocks are manufactured to civilian size. You'd need the milspec size for pretty much any airsoft gun.

10. llvllaRk13

llvllaRk13 New Member

I think VFC, KWA, and G&P are commercial. Not sure about ICS. I only say this because ARES is mil-spec and i couldnt get the stock from an ares onto my friends VFC.

11. Knief

Ann Arbor
    Yeah, there's a good chance I flipped it. My AR experience is more on the shooting end and less on the building/buying end, so I have a habit of flipping things like stock compatibility with airsoft guns and such.