Does Anyone Know Anything About This Gun?

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by CJG, Oct 5, 2012.

1. CJG

CJG New Member

Acton
  2. BlueReaper46

BlueReaper46 New Member

I would look into a JG M4, should cost you much less, youd be able to get a good sight(most megastore add ons are crap) and several extra mags, and gear for $250. Also i would suggest staying away from megastore. Try Airsoft GI, Use facebookfan code for 12% off your order, and shipping will be free over $100.

Also, if you are looking for a long range gun, you wont find one stock. DMR's and Snipers require upgrades to be used for there intended purpose at a longer range.

EDIT:

This should be a decent upgrading platform for a DMR:

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=2163

you could get extra mags, a scope, and a vest with the $118 youd have left.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2012

3. CJG

CJG New Member

Acton
    Thank you for the suggestion. My second choice was a jg aug a3. I'm personally not fond of ARs or AKs, so this seemed to be a good way of avoiding those. Also, thanks for the heads-up on megastore.

4. BlueReaper46

BlueReaper46 New Member

The A3 is an amazing choice, I do not personally own one, yet, but a lot of people love them stock. I have heard they are pretty easily upgraded and can be made into a great DMR(due to the long barrel of the bull pup). its $220 on ASGI(so $193.60 with the discount code) so that leaves you with around $50 for mags or a vest. Mags would cost you about $50 for a 5 pack of Mid caps, or $16 a piece for JG 330 rd Highcaps. I wont recommend a vest since i know little to nothing about them:)

5. CJG

CJG New Member

Acton
    Thank you again for all your help. Any recommendations on a tightbore barrel?

6. BlueReaper46

BlueReaper46 New Member

Sorry, Im not really qualified to answer that question. I will say that you should go with a 6.03, as they seem to have slightly better results compared to 6.01(also 6.01 require cleaning after every game, or you risk a jam) but if you really want to up your range look into ways to upgrade your hop up, a new bucking from a good manufacturer can really make a difference.

7. CJG

CJG New Member

Acton
    Thank you, that answers a question I would have run into pretty quickly on my own.

8. BlueReaper46

BlueReaper46 New Member

As far as I know, granted I am somewhat new to upgrading, but the best things for range and accuracy are hop-up, and barrel. Don't think that FPS isn't a factor, but at 600 FPS with a terrible hop it'll barely go 50 feet before curving wildly. I do not know what gram bbs you use, but I would suggest .25, read the guide on here to fine tuning a hop up(I think its under Modifications), and keep your barrel clean. Use high quality bbs, etc. You be surprised how much difference some of these little things can make in how well your gun will perform with little to now upgrades. Oh and I will strongly suggest getting a smart charger if you don't have access to one, as they will evenly charge your battery and wont over charge it.

9. Arekkusu723

Arekkusu723 Active Member

Statesville
    As far as a tightbore goes, I'd suggest 6.03. Make sure you purchase an appropriate bucking to go with it; they make a world of difference. I'm a huge fan of the Green G&G buckings, but MadBull Blues are superb as well. As far as vests go, since you are new to this, I have a few really simple solutions! If you choose to go with the AR platform, I'd recommend something cheap and basic like an NC Star AR Chest rig (I'll provide a link at the end). If you choose to go with the SL8, getting a vest or plate carrier for your mags will be a little more costly.
    Here's a link to the rig: http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?cPath=30_596&products_id=38552

10. 703

703 Active Member

webster
    Don't worry about a vest.
    Get your essentials first

- Smart charger / Lipo charger
    - Quality 9.6v NI-HM or 7.4 Lipo
    - Full seal googles ( ESS, Flakjack, Bolle, Revision, Etc )
    - High quality BB's Depending on what FPS gun you get go with .25s - .3s

As far as a TBB goes Madbul makes some good barrels if you are on a budget. Id go with a 6.03 over a 6.01

11. CJG

CJG New Member

Acton
    Thank you all for your help.

12. soviet

soviet New Member

What about an FN2000?

13. BlueReaper46

BlueReaper46 New Member

I think those are a little out of his price range...

14. Scarred

Scarred New Member

The JLS F2000 is under $250.

15. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

A jg would be a much better choice.........

16. CJG

CJG New Member

Acton
    By the way, part of what got me looking at ar/ak alternatives is that I'm left handed. If this changes any opinions, please let me know. Thanks again.

17. ShooterMcgavin

ShooterMcgavin New Member

New Port News
    Actually airsoft AKs are very left handed friendly. Since you can easily access the selector with your right hand without taking your left hand off its firing position and the mag release is ambidextrous. Also doing AK speed reloads is fun :).

18. rileymccann

rileymccann New Member

Long Beach
    get a KA Colt m4, on asgi for 220, minus coupon codes....and free shipping

19. CJG

CJG New Member

Acton
    If you mean King Arms, they were about $350 that I could find, and, while my practical reason for avoiding ARs/AKs is ambidexterity, I also just don't like them.

Also, A little background, I have been using cheap springers for years, so I have a vest and safety gear, though recommendations on MOLLE pouches for aug mags are welcome.

Again, thank you all for taking the time to respond to my post.

20. Phillies2406

Phillies2406 New Member

There are cheaper KA m4s. The dboys scar is nice and it should be ampedextrious too.