Does anyone know how to change the flash hider on an A&K MK43?

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by JesseLangdon, Oct 14, 2012.

1. JesseLangdon

JesseLangdon New Member

I wan to change the flash hider on my MK43 but can't figure out how to get it off. Any suggestions??

2. pancakemix56

pancakemix56 New Member

Boston
    I assume it's threaded it. Try finding a very small screw holding it in. If that isn't it, put the flash hider in boiling water. This will melt the glue holding it on.

3. JesseLangdon

JesseLangdon New Member

Well it does have a little Allen head screw but the MOSFET is in the way.

4. S0m3_0n3

S0m3_0n3 New Member

why is there a mosfet up against your flash hider?:confused:

5. JesseLangdon

JesseLangdon New Member

It just hangs under the flash hider. It'd be the gas tube on the real steel.

6. GamingShogun

GamingShogun New Member

Did anyone ever find out how to change this? I picked one up and want to replace the flash hider with a sound amp. There is an allen wrench on the bottom side of the hideous orange flash hider but none of my wrenches seem to fit it, which is odd as I have a large set of allens. Anyone know the correct wrench size?

7. BoogerMc

BoogerMc Airsoft Jedi Master Supporting Member

Akron
    First, unscrew the end of the gas tube where the MOSFET is stored and remove the end piece.

Second, remove the allen screw, it is most likely metric, either a 1.5mm or a 2mm (not sure).

Three, turn the flash hider counter clock-wise to remove the flash hider.

If there is resistance, use a cloth and pliers to grip the flash hider and then turn it CCW to remove.

Hope this is helpful.

8. GamingShogun

GamingShogun New Member

Thanks so much. That Is excellent advice. Unfortunately, evike looks to have stripped the Allen screw which is why none fit. I ended up using good ol fashion torque. Still came off which is good.

This was not caused by my removal but the front sight is canted to the right a bit. Now I need to figure out how to re-set it to center. Anyone have any ideas?

9. BoogerMc

BoogerMc Airsoft Jedi Master Supporting Member

Akron
    If the sight is off center and it is not because you're missing pieces that help it to align, the next best thing I can suggest is the align the sight and drill a hole through it and into the outer barrel. Then tap the holes and use a set screw like the one in the flash hider. to align everything. Can't tell you the number of guns I've had to do this with to ensure proper alignment of parts. Just be sure that your screw threads and tap threads match.

10. GamingShogun

GamingShogun New Member

Thanks so much for that! I like this solution a lot more than what I ended up doing, which was to hold the barrel with one hand and give the end of the sight a couple taps. Seems to have knocked it into position but I don't know how long it will stay. Your solution seems to be a much more pro and stable one.