Double Feeding... Please Help!

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by KaMaLloZzI, Aug 13, 2012.

1. KaMaLloZzI

KaMaLloZzI New Member

Hi everyone,

I've been playing airsoft for about a year now but this is my first time actually trying to modify my gun hardcore. I have a full metal AGM M16. The reviews on it were great so I purchased it from airsoft gi. Yesterday I recieved a package of internal parts that I planned on putting into my gearbox. This package consisted of
    1) Guarder Complete Bore up Kit (Cylinder, Air Nossil, Cylinder Head, Piston Head)
    2) Matrix Polycarbonate Piston with Metal teeth
    3) Matrix Shims (.01mm &.02mm)
    4) Systema Bucking

I purchased the bore up kit because earlier in the year I had installed a Madbull 650mm tightbore barrel. I was looking for some extra bb distance and was told that any barrel over 600mm should probably be using bore up.

So I opened up my gearbox and installed all the parts listed above. However the systema bucking would not fit in my hop-up unit. I tried everything but just resorted back to the stock bucking, I'll try the systema again soon. Anyway, my real problem is that once I put everything back together I realized I was double feeding. I will fire 1 shot on semi 5x out of 10x. However for the rest of the shots I will fire anywhere from 2-5 bbs at once. I was wondering if you guys could offer any incite as to why this is? I have not used any new mags and have not had any problems with my mag in the past. Thanks everyone! Hope you can help!

Also, when I first opened up the gearbox, it exploded. I put everything back together but I noticed this small spring out of place in the corner of my gearbox while shimming (see image). It is the smallest spring I have ever seen and have seen no one mention anything about it in any videos I have watched. If it has any significance please let me know! Thank you again!

Attached Files:

• 007.jpg
      007.jpg
      File size:
      71.5 KB
      Views:
    • 008.jpg
      008.jpg
      File size:
      42.5 KB
      Views:
    • 009.jpg
      009.jpg
      File size:
      35.8 KB
      Views:
    • 010.jpg
      010.jpg
      File size:
      76.3 KB
      Views:
    • 011.jpg
      011.jpg
      File size:
      93.9 KB
      Views:
  2. Archer627

Archer627 Active Member

Figgington
    The only place I can think of a spring that size is for the cut off lever even though the cut off lever spring is a little longer.

EDIT: After further inspection, it looks like it may be the spring that pushes the hop up arm up.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2012

3. mockingshot

mockingshot New Member

You are correct it goes on a little stick on your hop up unit near the front. If your looking for range I would suggest a new hop up. Prometheus makes a nice one.

4. mockingshot

mockingshot New Member

This spring. I lost mine so mine is now a ball point pen spring cut down. Sorry for the double post. I can't edit and add pictures.

Attached Files:

5. Archer627

Archer627 Active Member

Figgington
    It also may be that spring. I was referring the other spring in the hop up that is on the arm.

6. KaMaLloZzI

KaMaLloZzI New Member

Nice suggestions guys, however I've checked and have all of those springs. I've checked between the cut off lever and the selector plate (if that is what you were referring too?) and I have that spring. Also I just put the hop up back together and I have the spring that you pointed put in the picture and I also have the spring that holds tension on the nub (the one on the arm you were referring to). I did find this spring in my gearbox so I suspect that it came from somewhere inside it. But my real problem is the double feeding, any suggestions on that?

7. Archer627

Archer627 Active Member

Figgington
    Well, it's most likely a problem with your Tappet plate and it's movement timing. Do you have a sector gear chip on your sector gear? If so, it may be delaying it too long causing a double feed. Are you using high quality BBs as well?

8. KaMaLloZzI

KaMaLloZzI New Member

Yes there is a sector gear chip on my sector gear. But I'll look into the Tappet plate today. But when I do what should I be looking for and how do I fix the problem?

9. Archer627

Archer627 Active Member

Figgington
    Try the gun without the sector gear chip first. If that's not it, it's something else. Now I'm off to school :/. I'll drop in around 8 or 9 hours from now.

10. KaMaLloZzI

KaMaLloZzI New Member

Ok I just took the sector gear chip out. I didn't fire it yet. I'll let you know how it worked in 30 minutes. I'm praying that this works because I hope to use this in a game tomorrow.

11. Archer627

Archer627 Active Member

Figgington
    Best of luck my friend. I hope it works as well. Let me know if it doesn't as I have thought of a few other reasons why it could be double feeding.

12. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    Check to make sure your anti reversal latch is in properly I hear that can cause your semi to shoot multiple times.

13. KaMaLloZzI

KaMaLloZzI New Member

Well I've done all of your suggestions and it has improved a bit, probably about 90% solved. I'm not sure what else to do. I am using it in a match tomorrow and I will let you all know how it works. Thank you for your suggestions and I pray for the best.

14. Archer627

Archer627 Active Member

Figgington
    Here's another suggestion. Sand down front of the Tappet plate to about 5/8ths it's original thickness. Also, glue the air nozzle down to the Tappet using super glue.

Also, since you have a boreup kit, I suggest you do as many air seal mods as possible. Those things have a tendency to leak a lot.

15. KaMaLloZzI

KaMaLloZzI New Member

What will sanding down the Tappet plate do, on theory. I'm actually just picturing it not catching the sector gear therefore my gun won't fire. But I have done quite a few air seal jobs with this bore up kit. My air seal is very tight now.

16. Archer627

Archer627 Active Member

Figgington
    Sanding down the front allows it to push the BB further ahead to seat it correctly. Off the top of my head, I really can't remember if that's why or not. My mind is being pummeled by one bad thing after another (Don't ask about the bad things. They're personal problems:p. hopefully get them sorted out though.).

If you think it's not catching the sector, watch to see if the air nozzle comes forward for every shot. If its not, your Tappet plate may be out of spec. What kind is it (Brand, color, stock or not, etc.)?

Last edited: Aug 18, 2012
  17. KaMaLloZzI

KaMaLloZzI New Member

Currently it is. Sorry I was thinking that you wanted to make my Tappet plate that catches the sector gear thinner. Therefore making it not catch. Now I understand what you said however.

18. KaMaLloZzI

KaMaLloZzI New Member

And it's just a stock Tappet plate. Kinda a manilla kinda color.

19. Archer627

Archer627 Active Member

Figgington
    I'll go grab a Tappet and sand it down to show you what I mean if you want. Stock Tappet plates :/. Is it very flexable?

20. KaMaLloZzI

KaMaLloZzI New Member

Decent I guess. I can't say I was actually trying to bend it.