Double o-ring nozzle

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by Knief, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    I'm sitting here with my brother-in-law trying to fit the o-rings inside of a VS Studio double o-ring nozzle for his CA SR-25 build and neither of us can get it. Is there some trick or technique to this that we're missing?

Thanks for the help, guys.

2. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor

3. Knief

Ann Arbor
    Alex hasn't been around since I banned him a while back. Anybody else?

4. iTunesTomato

iTunesTomato New Member

Oakland
    Woah, why'd you ban Alex?
    Subscribing to see where this goes, don't have a clue though :p

5. Axis

Axis New Member Supporting Member

Surely OP will deliver.

Can you provide me with some pictures or go a little bit more into detail? I may be able to help you.

6. Knief

Ann Arbor
    Well, it's a nozzle. Typical AEG nozzle. Except it has two o-rings on the inside instead of one to create a better seal. There are two ring grooves on the inside of the nozzle and two o-rings, a thicker o-ring and a thinner o-ring. We're struggling mostly with getting the thicker one in, though both are a challenge. If you haven't done it before or don't know any tricks, I'm not sure if you'll be able to help. We're really in need of tricks or techniques from folks who have had success before.

7. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    Hmm look at this knief, could this be it? http://www.airsoftforum.com/board/Chinese-Upgrade-Parts-t206787.html&pid=18446449&mode=threaded
    Different nozzle, but maybe same concept?

ALSO http://www.airsoftforum.com/board/lofiversion/index.php/t182297.html

Last edited: Dec 28, 2012
  8. Knief

Ann Arbor
    Nope. There are two distinct grooves for the o-rings. Thanks for trying, though.

9. Axis

Axis New Member Supporting Member

Are you trying to put the thicker o-ring through the thinner o-ring to get it to the next groove? Or are you attempting to put the thicker o-ring in on the other side?

10. Knief

Ann Arbor
    We've got both o-rings out right now and are trying to put the thicker o-ring into any damn slot it will fit into.

11. Mystery43_4

Mystery43_4 New Member

Santa Barbara
    In all of the "Double Oringed" nozzles that I have experience with, there has only been 1 slot, and you just use whichever 1 of the 2 Orings provided that gives you the best seal.

Having a smaller Oring paired with a larger one on the same nozzle makes absolutely no sense. The larger one will do a well enough job to make the smaller one redundant.

Are you 100% sure that you use both? (I have no experience with this nozzle)

Anyhow, to place the Orings into the nozzles, I fold then in half, sort of like a taco, and get one corner into the groove and then the opposite corner in, and then use a dental pick to force the rest of the Oring into the groove.