Airsoft Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've finally got all of the parts for my dsg. I started with a 7.4v that was barely charged. I got roughly 25 rps. It fed fine after I cut the tappet spring down. It all fed fine all the way up to 35 rps. as soon as i used a fully charged 7.4, the gun does not feed. semi is fine but full auto seems as though the gun is firing before the nozzle has reached fully forward or a bb doesn't feed every time it returns.
I doubt I need to cut the tappet plate more as it currently only has 8 coils!
TIA

The gun is built ground up. I am using a MAXX TC chamber, a prommy purple, shs nozzle and cylinder setup in a lonex v2 shell

Attachments

· Registered
1,187 Posts
? Motors don't have much to do with it, and shs high torques are quality, so I dont see a huge reason for you to replace it. If you get a higher torgue motor you'll lower your rps sure, but that won't fox the inherent issue. Upgrade your spring for one, also from the picture you posted ot looks like you haven't even touched your piston. Swiss that bad boy to pieces, get rid of piston head besring if you have them, and if it's a metal piston head switch to plastic/nylon.

· Registered
506 Posts
It looks like you could cut a little more of the tappet fin. What is the spring rating, not what FPS are you getting. If you piston assembly weighs above 21g, it is probably PME. I can easily Swiss cheese my piston assembly to under 18g. What gear ratio are you using, cause the SHS HT is 16 TPA and that is pretty fast for most DSG set ups.

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
? Motors don't have much to do with it, and shs high torques are quality, so I dont see a huge reason for you to replace it. If you get a higher torgue motor you'll lower your rps sure, but that won't fox the inherent issue. Upgrade your spring for one, also from the picture you posted ot looks like you haven't even touched your piston. Swiss that bad boy to pieces, get rid of piston head besring if you have them, and if it's a metal piston head switch to plastic/nylon.
It's already swissed and short stroked. It's the shs pre swissed piston. my shs high torque is getting kinda warm and struggles to pull any spring higher than what i have in it. idk what spring it is fyi. I've got siegetek 14:1s in it so i think the shs is struggling. I will put my m170 in and see what happens.

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It looks like you could cut a little more of the tappet fin. What is the spring rating, not what FPS are you getting. If you piston assembly weighs above 21g, it is probably PME. I can easily Swiss cheese my piston assembly to under 18g. What gear ratio are you using, cause the SHS HT is 16 TPA and that is pretty fast for most DSG set ups.
Hi Airsup, I am using siegetek 14:1s in it and i have no idea of the spring rating. It's one of my ones i had lying around. It's the strongest other than my m170. My tappet fin is sitting at about 9.5mm which is pretty short already.

· Registered
1,187 Posts
So this m170 is so difficult to get in the gearbox, I dont think any motor could pull it.
Motors most definetely can. It's not full stroking it remember. If you're using a 16TPA your motor would probably get pretty hot if it's already getting watm, but I'd be suprised if it didn't pull it.

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Motors most definetely can. It's not full stroking it remember. If you're using a 16TPA your motor would probably get pretty hot if it's already getting watm, but I'd be suprised if it didn't pull it.
i can't for the life of me get the m170 in. i spacered my rando spring and it boosted from 220 to 255fps. ill probably get an m150 or m160 and see what i get with those. spacing it dropped it to 33 rps.

· Registered
506 Posts
It's already swissed and short stroked. It's the shs pre swissed piston. my shs high torque is getting kinda warm and struggles to pull any spring higher than what i have in it. idk what spring it is fyi. I've got siegetek 14:1s in it so i think the shs is struggling. I will put my m170 in and see what happens.
The motor SHOULD be fine. what is the mAh and c rating of your battery. Also you might want to consider moving to an 11.1.

Hi Airsup, I am using siegetek 14:1s in it and i have no idea of the spring rating. It's one of my ones i had lying around. It's the strongest other than my m170. My tappet fin is sitting at about 9.5mm which is pretty short already.
You should the use m170 and at least a 22 TPA motor for this setup honestly. 9.5mm might be to short. Did you slowly cut down until it would feed?

· Registered
506 Posts
i can't for the life of me get the m170 in. i spacered my rando spring and it boosted from 220 to 255fps. ill probably get an m150 or m160 and see what i get with those. spacing it dropped it to 33 rps.
That is a huge ROF drop, you really need a stronger motor or battery. And keep trying to get the m170 in.

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

· Registered
506 Posts

· Premium Member
4,672 Posts
MAXX TC chamber
That might definitely impact your feeding... they have to be set up pretty precisely.
i'm running a kinda weak spring at only 220fps so yea it could be pme. I'll have to wait to get more cash before i can get a stronger motor though.
Best fix for PME is a stronger spring.
from the picture you posted ot looks like you haven't even touched your piston. Swiss that bad boy to pieces, get rid of piston head besring if you have them, and if it's a metal piston head switch to plastic/nylon.
Second this^
cause the SHS HT is 16 TPA and that is pretty fast for most DSG set ups.
It's really not though... a lot of people use them in DSGs.
It's already swissed and short stroked. It's the shs pre swissed piston
Is it the SHS, or the Rocket? They look similar, but the Rocket weighs 13.38g, while the SHS weighs 12.92g.... also, what piston head are you using? Hopefully it doesn't have ball bearings...
i think the shs is struggling.
Lol. Better stop starving her then.
My tappet fin is sitting at about 9.5mm which is pretty short already.
Yeah... that's a bit short. Might wanna start over with a new tappet plate [Prommy is good], cut it to 11mm[likely too long, but we'll play it safe], and go from there.
So this m170 is so difficult to get in the gearbox, I dont think any motor could pull it.
The SHS can, even on full stroke. You just have to feed it... actually, Airsup has the right idea:
The motor SHOULD be fine. what is the mAh and c rating of your battery. Also you might want to consider moving to an 11.1.
In synopsis: get a new tappet plate, stop starving your motor, and if possible try a different hopup, cuz the Maxx hopups are picky, and until you've verified that your gearbox isn't the issue, you don't really need that extra factor in there. Oh, and you should know what your piston weighs w/the piston head.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.