DSG help

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by TeamESADS, Nov 30, 2012.

1. TeamESADS

TeamESADS New Member

Rancho cucamonga
    So I've got a DSG build I've begun and so far everything's going good except one problem. Semi isn't working properly, full auto is functioning flawlessly but when it's in semi it takes 3 shots before bbs just roll out. Any thoughts?

2. Star_folder

Star_folder New Member

Lexington
    So semi functions correctly mechanically. Just, after firing about 3 shots, the bbs just roll out of the barrel? This sounds like a compression issue. But, usually, it's the other way around, semi works fine, and full auto is the problem child.

Can you give us your full list of parts and upgrades that you've done? Perhaps it's the mags having too much pressure for semi auto, double feeding. If it fires fine on full auto, it shouldn't be a compression leak, because the seal wouldn't be broken any sooner on semi as it is on full auto.

3. TeamESADS

TeamESADS New Member

Rancho cucamonga
    Oo man I don't even recall all parts, what I do recall:
    - m160
    - siegetek DSG
    - JG spur/bevel
    - G&P Devil jet
    - AIM Red
    - don't remember the cylinder brand
    - a few stock G&P parts
    - reshimmed
    - regressed
    - AOE corrected with sorbo
    . This build was just started by the way

4. TeamESADS

TeamESADS New Member

Rancho cucamonga
    Oh and tappet cut. Yes it's mechanically fine just seems like terrible compression though on full auto its fine and feeds flawlessly. (Running lonex flashmags)

5. Mystery43_4

Mystery43_4 New Member

Santa Barbara
    What bucking are you running?

Have you cut coils from your tappet spring?

6. TeamESADS

TeamESADS New Member

Rancho cucamonga
    Bucking is stock and the tappet spring isn't cut, I hadn't heard I needed to do that?

7. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    be more specific...

what happens with the first trigger pull? blank fire?
    second trigger pull? blank fire?
    third trigger pull? bb rolls out with no compression?

or

three blank fires and bb rolls out when barrel is tipped downward.

what is your fps?
    what is your rps?

if fps is around 250, it may be getting stuck in the bucking.
    if fps is around 350, your bucking may not be aligned correctly and the bb is getting stuck until enough vibration or bb mag pressure pushes it through.

since full auto works fine, that rules out timing issues.
    if it was a mag issue, it would misfeed in full auto.
    is it a one piece or two piece hopup?

re-inspect your hopup.

8. TeamESADS

TeamESADS New Member

Rancho cucamonga
    1 piece hop, no chrono reading yet, it feeds randomly as it pleases, I can even get 6 or 7 shots in a row but inbetween those moments of working it sounds as if the hop up is on way too high causing a jam, the first 2 trigger pulls produce nothing and the third causes the first two to roll out and the third to go about 3 feet. It then starts the 3 shot cycle again.

9. TeamESADS

TeamESADS New Member

Rancho cucamonga
    Also during full auto fire you see the occasional bb go completely off track.

10. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    we really need fps and rps info. it will tell us if there is an fps drop due to tappet plate rubbing against the sector gear or other timing issues.

does it look like the bb is being hit by another bb in mid air? if so, then there is an fps difference between the two bb's.

11. AirsoftimusPrime

AirsoftimusPrime New Member

Satellite Beach
    This. FPS/RoF info would be appreciated.

He said it was inconsistent in full auto though, this is almost certainly compression.

OP have you replaced the cylinder O-Ring and polished/buffed/greased all the airseal components?

If it's a massive FPS deviation, which it sounds like it is, it's most likely in the hopup area. Compression test your assembly if possible, see how the nozzle seals with the hopup.

Check in this order
    1. Bucking- fix by replacing/oiling/teflon
    2. Chamber- more specifics to know fix
    3. Nozzle/chamber seal- fix by shimming.

Due to it being DSG and probably a high RoF there is a possibility of the deviation being caused by, as Alex said, timing issues.

Good luck on the fix OP.

12. TeamESADS

TeamESADS New Member

Rancho cucamonga
    Sorry for not having been replying due to not having Internet and my phones terrible reception at my house I'm unable to log on. I will definitely check those parts out and get a reading for all of the above said.