Dsg not feeding on full auto

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by eliteairsofter1234, Nov 13, 2015.

1. eliteairsofter1234

eliteairsofter1234 New Member

My dsg will not feed full auto. It works just fine on semi auto when using .28 and .20 gram bbs. The setup is the following: lonex cylinder head,shs full cylinder,dsg experimental sorbo pad, shs piston with element mushroom piston head,element aluminium spring guide, Prometheus m170 spring, seigtech 10:1 dsg gear set, zci high torque motor, element air nozzle, lonex tappet plate , lonex gearbox v3,14.8 v battery 70c dicharge,lonex hop up with lonex hop and bucking flat hopped, and shs trigger contacts. Mods, piston short stroked to 8 teeth, angle of engagement, and floss mod. The exact problem in detail is this. When I fire the gun in full auto it will fire the first 2 to 3 shots and then not fire at all. Then shoot a quople and then nothing. Please help thanks in advance

2. GrizzBuzzM82

GrizzBuzzM82 New Member

Have you cut the tappet plate down your tappet plate down?

3. eliteairsofter1234

Yes I have trimmed it, i trimmed it to 11 mm

Last edited: Nov 13, 2015
  4. bryanman

bryanman Member

Canada
    ....could it be your mags? Can you manually load it (one bb at a time) when the tappet is back? If so, perhaps your mags aren't fast enough to push the bb into the chamber during the time that the tappet is back? If that mad sense...

5. eliteairsofter1234

The gun works just fine on semi auto , its just on full auto that it doesent work completely. I don't think the mags arent strong enough, considering I ran them before on a high speed ssg, that ran at 55 rps and now my gun shoots at 70 bbs per second

6. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

My guess is that your mags simply can't keep up, that's an extremely high ROF and will require extremely good mags.

7. eliteairsofter1234

Any suggestions on what mags will feed at that rps

8. bryanman

bryanman Member

Canada
    This is what I meant. Although in a more complicated round-a-bout way.....which wasn't understood. :(

Also OP I believe there's a list somewhere on here about which brands are best of what. Mags are on that list. Check General maybe?

9. eliteairsofter1234

Ok ,thank you bryanman , at least now I know where to look