DSG Upgrades?

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by valleywarfare, Nov 13, 2012.

1. valleywarfare

valleywarfare New Member

Ogden
    Okay, my friend said that he was going to stick a Dual Sector Gear in his JG M4 and said that he wouldn't have to do anything else to it and it would just work. I told him that I was pretty sure that you have to do a lot of upgrading and stuff like that in order for it to work well. So what all do you have to do in order to put a DSG in your gun and have it work well? Thanks!

2. deathmechanic

deathmechanic Active Member

Davis
    Ill tell you after he posts up pictures of his dragged GB. :p

3. valleywarfare

valleywarfare New Member

Ogden
    Haha, okay! So just some pictures of his gearbox? Will do! Does this cost a lot of money and hard work?

4. deathmechanic

deathmechanic Active Member

Davis
    Depends on what you are planning todo. You can do a low stress build for a low cost. Or high end builds cost a lot more money. Really it winds up to how well you tech. You really can't throw money/parts at your gun and think it will hold up well. Alot of people such as your friend think you can throw some parts together and it will work. 75% chance it will work, 90% chance it will fail too.

Most people on here don't tell new people how to build a DSG just because they are worried you are wasting money. Id start searching up threads as there are lots of builds/build plans on here and other forums.

5. valleywarfare

valleywarfare New Member

Ogden
    Okay, thanks! It's not the gun he actually uses so we kinda just want to experiment with it!