Dual signal wire question?

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by Squad144, Jun 15, 2021.

1. Squad144

Squad144 Member

Ocean Springs
    I rewired my first gun using a dual signal wire setup and a Gate nanohard. My question is: When wiring up a Gate mosfet with dual signal wires, does it matter what signal wire gets attached to which trigger contact point?

2. aotsukisho

aotsukisho Well-Known Member

It does not, there is no polarity for dual wire. Single wire matters as only one specific pin is 'listening'.

richman992 and Peeque like this.

3. Squad144

Squad144 Member

Ocean Springs
    Oh, that makes sense.

I watched a quick tutorial on rewiring an aeg and in the video, he said to wire the positive wire longer than the negative wire, so that the +wire has room to come out in front of the motor. I wired the negative wire longer instead. Does this matter?

4. Squad144

Squad144 Member

Ocean Springs
    I now realize how confusing my second question was, allow me to clarify. I meant to ask which wire should I route in front of the motor: the negative or positive wire.

5. Peeque

Peeque Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Lancaster
    The black wire should be longer.

E: It might be which ever wire comes out of the right hole with the gearbox pointing right. In my case with the Titan that's the black wire (negative). With a normal trigger setup that would be the red wire. I don't think it matters really. As long red goes to red and black to black. I'm probably just adding to the confusion.

The gun is pointing left in both pictures.
    20210508_185238.jpg
    20210508_185058.jpg

Last edited: Jun 16, 2021
    Squad144 likes this.
  6. Squad144

Squad144 Member

Ocean Springs
    I was not sure that the negative wire on the titan was longer because it is a trigger unit or because it does not matter. In my case, I am rewiring using basic trigger contacts. I will just leave the negative wire longer.

Peeque likes this.
  7. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    Both wires should run down the spine of the grip.

People that are inexperienced run them down each side of the grip and that is wrong.

8. aotsukisho

aotsukisho Well-Known Member

It doesn't matter which wire is longer as you can just flip the motor around. As Guges said, run both wires down the rear of the grip to achieve proper alignment of the motor. I don't think Gate makes the wires different lengths on the Titan so you will have to bunch up extra wire length in the rear of the grip regardless of which pole goes where.

9. Peeque

Peeque Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Lancaster
    The negative motor wire has been longer than the positive motor wire with all the Titans I've had.

aotsukisho likes this.
  10. Squad144

Squad144 Member

Ocean Springs
    Dont worry, I always run them both down the spine. I only said the "front of the motor" to make it clear which side I was talking about.

I went ahead and rewired because I needed more wire. I also, while I was at it, made the positive wire the longer of the two. Just need spade connectors and the gun is finished! Hope it works but I have a feeling I may need to go back and ss.