Dual Wield Recommendations

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by Novur, Jan 17, 2010.

1. Novur

Novur New Member

Hey.

I was wondering if anyone had any recommendation for AEPs that I could dual wield. I usually play sniper, but I like to have the option to join the action if my teammates get taken out.

The pistol would need to be electric (I just prefer electric guns) and the mag release would need to be somewhere that is easily accessible to both hands.

I designed an attachment that goes with these leg holsters (Amazon.com: UTG Elite Tactical Leg Holster (Left Handed): Sports & Outdoors) (Amazon.com: UTG Elite Tactical Right Handed Leg Holster: Sports & Outdoors) and it works sort of like Lara Croft's in the Tomb Raider movies, so a straight magazine would be preferable.

They would need to fire at at least 200FPS, and the ROF doesn't matter, because I only ever use semi-auto on pistols.

Thanks in advance.:)

2. hairyman

hairyman New Member Supporting Member

Dublin
    Has to be a CYMA or TM Glock 18c,,,,230 - 250fps between them and the option of full auto along with 100 round mags,,,the TM has freaky range for an AEP.

3. Sparky_D

Sparky_D Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Pierce County
    Dual wielding is overrated and is not tactically sound.

You will be half as accurate with each gun, or worse, and you will have to park one gun while reloading the other.

The only reason, in my opinion, to carry two sidearms is so you can do a New York reload (change guns, not mags).

4. Novur

Novur New Member

Preface: I mean no offence.

You did read my original post, right? I'm not unintelligent, I realised months ago that dual wielding would make reloading difficult. I have already solved the reloading problem.

And while I admit that dual wielding may not be as accurate, it's a hell of a lot more intimidating.

Now, imagine that both these morons were only moments ago lying on their stomach, staring through the scope of their UTG MK96 Sniper Rifle, and they heard you creeping up behind them (why you have not already shot them, I don't know, but just roll with it). Up they jump, whipping out their respective armaments.

Now, which would be more likely to make you duck and cover: This guy (http://cdn-write.demandstudios.com/upload//4000/600/60/0/4660.jpg) or this guy? (http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/4/43/ABTBeretta3.jpg/500px-ABTBeretta3.jpg)

Also!

I really, really wanted to take your advice on this, because those are awesome AEPs, but the mag release is in such an awkward place for a left handed wield. And the magazine doesn't drop straight out.

5. Sparky_D

Pierce County
    I did read your post in its entirety. Nowhere did you state how you fixed the issue of reloading, only your desire for ambi mag releases. I was simply pointing out that the effectiveness of dual wielding is tactically sub-par.

Neither of those pictures would make me duck and cover.
    A guy with a mini-gun? or an M249? Sure, that would make (and has made) me duck and cover.

A pistol or two? Nope...

I do understand how you would see dual wielding as being intimidating, however, I will point out that 90% of the time, intimidation does not win the fight, accurate shooting does.

Regardless, it's your call.

The only AEP I'm aware of with an ambi mag release is the MP7

6. hairyman

Dublin
  7. Robin-Hood

Robin-Hood Active Member

Sorry mate but Airsoft isn't Call of Duty.

Dual wielding don't work very well if you ask me.

8. Sparky_D

Pierce County

Ah, yes, I forgot about the USP. Double Eagle makes a decent clone of the TM. I believe it's nomenclature is the M-81.

9. JG M4 Carbine

JG M4 Carbine New Member

Southport
  10. hairyman

Dublin
    Thank you for that most informative and well thought out piece of literature,,,,yet again a pointless post that is of no help to the op or anybody else.

11. Frontline

Frontline New Member

I wouldn't dual wield, but i'm not going to push the issue. The CYMA aep is good, but may i suggest a gbb instead? If you're going for intimidating there's nothing more intimidating than hearing two gas guns blowing full blast at you.

12. Pie

Pie Active Member

Call of Duty... I want to say this right now, I have gotten so many calls asking me if I had any guns in a duel wield package and No, I don't. The game is getting into peoples heads and making them want to duel wield when there is absolutely no point. If your gonna drop that much $ into two AEP's then just buy an AEG. You will honestly be more happy with a nice M4 or Mp5 then you would be with 2 low power, low range (although hairy is right aboutt he TM having freakish range), as accurate as a tomato, AEPs. Just sayin.

13. Smith

Smith New Member

I like the way you think I do the same thing but I use two spring pitols, I went with a shoulder holster and a hip holster it doesen't work out that bad.

14. Novur

Novur New Member

Um, how can you dual-wield with spring pistols? You have to stop and re-cock the damn things with every shot!

15. Skate

Skate New Member

Dayton
    I would like to make a suggestion. I'm not going to get into why duel wielding is a bad choice, as I believe it has been covered in enough detail already. However, why don't you consider taking that money and investing it in a smaller SMG? I think for your purposes the TM or Galaxy MP5k would serve nicely, be more efficient, and be much more "intimidating". Just an opinion of course, do what you will.

16. Robin-Hood

Robin-Hood Active Member

So don't miss the first shot...

I agree with Skate, if an MP5K is too big then I suppose a scorpion or similar would do the job as well. Or even a gas MAC-10 or Mini Uzi. My buddy has some and they are brutal.

17. ac8214

ac8214 New Member

Using dual spring pistols is the worst idea i've seen yet! At least use a gas or an aep!
    But as stated earlier, Accurate shooting is better than running around dual weilding.
    Just get a small aeg like an MP5 and sling it over your back. I did that with my DE 552 and it's small, light, and i can easily use it when i can't use my BAR-10.

18. kylethekilla

kylethekilla New Member

boulder co
    kwa mac 11 ns2. its f***in crazy but it now. best side arm ever.

19. Brazzy

Brazzy New Member

Providence
    My TM 18c chrono'd at 205 fps and I agree hairyman, it has freaky long range for such a low fps gun.

20. Novur

Novur New Member

First off, I already made a post that addressed most of these points, but it didn't show in the thread. If at some point it does, don't sue me for repeating myself.

I'm sorry, I didn't realise I had to clarify.

A few months back, I made a pair of magazine racks for AEPs. They're basicly strips of webbing sewn onto a rigid support and held down with Velcro. When reloading is required, I drop the magazines into the oversized pockets of my cargos. (hard to see the pockets, but try squinting ) I then slip the end of a full magazine into the chamber, and use the point were the back end of the magazine touches my thigh as a fulcrum. Then I turn my wrists, wrenching the magazine free of the Velcro, and positioning the guns at 90 degree angles to my legs. Then all I have to do is tap the butt of the gun to my leg, which pushes the magazine fully into the chamber, thus loading the guns.

I can do this in the space of about 4 seconds, (I've had my older brother time me) and I'm quite used to it. The only problem is, to do it with my left hand, I need a left handed mag release, or an ambi mag release. Thus, the thread.

I didn't ask you which would make you, I ask which is more likely too. I understand this may have been confusing, and I am appalled at how badly I worded it, so let me reiterate that:

Which would give you more cause to hesitate? I'm not asking which is intimidating compared to a minigun, I'm asking which is more intimidating when you put the two figures side by side.

Alright, while I agree that-

Alright, while I agr-

Alri-

ALRIGHT! Jesus, if I'd known that you lot would be making such a big deal of it, I would have said the following in my original post: While I agree, an SMG would do the job, I really, really don't like them. I'm not entirely sure why, but every time I see someone running into battle brandishing an uzi, I want to tell him to give himself a nice salt-water douche, because he's officially a c**t. This may have something to do with the mentality that single handed guns are meant to be at best semi-automatic, and anything fully-auto should require a second hand to keep under control. It may also have to do with the fact that enemy gang members in GTA: San Andreas use uzis most of the time.

I don't own Call of Duty, and I've never played call of Duty.

Mr. p. noob, I am not an unitelligent person. There is no need to patronise me. As I have previously stated, I usually play sniper. Given the situation that I described to Mr. Sparky, an AEG slung accross my back would take a few more crucial seconds to ready than a pair of pistols strapped to my thighs. I know this, because I already own an AEG. So please, no more CoD crap.

I know it's awesome, my friend owns one. It's actually the gun that I used as the base to design the afore-mentioned magazine racks.

I agree, the fiendish hiss of a GBB blowing it's load at you is pretty awesome, especially when your used to the clicking of AEGs and AEPs. But the advantage of electric guns over gas guns is that you can recharge the batteries. I know that the difference between the cost of a two hour charge and a bottle of gas isn't much, but it all adds up.

Now, I am content. That gun is perfect! It meets all my requirements, and it looks pretty cool as well. Thanks!

Last edited: Jan 21, 2010