Dual Wielding

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by Remoon101, Jul 23, 2011.

1. Remoon101

Remoon101 Active Member

Burke
    I searched ASF and no one had a topic about this or like this, so forgive me if there's one already done and I wasn't able to find it. I did a thread like this as a guest on another forum a long time ago, and it was a lot of fun seeing all the responses.

I've always liked the thought of dual wielding guns. Pistols, SMG's, SAWs (yes, just like that one Marine who did it), or whatever. It's just an attractive prospect. It may be impractical as balls (especially in milsim) and only plausible in movies, but I want to know what do you guys think of it?? Personally, I want to dual wield a pair of MP5K's, G18C's, or even a good pair of P229's.
    I remember dual wielding a pair of a friends' M9s, it was awesome. I wouldn't ever have attempted it in a skirmish (or maybe I would!), but it just felt fricking awesome regardless. I was told of a guy who used to dual wield TM Desert Eagles (hard kick versions) in CQB. He apparently kept more heads down than support gunners.
    Now there's something I'd like to do with dual wielding!

2. Nacht

Nacht New Member

Priceville
    Should this be in the Gear section?

Anyway, Jack Bauer from 24 did it, so it must be extremely plausible. :D

Honestly, I have always dreamer of dual wielding with a 1911 and a Desert Eagle. Or, even better, two Desert Eagles.

3. supportgunner

supportgunner New Member

Like so:

Pic032.jpg

Its fun to do and booyyy dose the ammo fly lol. Only did it once threw an actual game and kept a lot of heads down but they eventually got me cause I was a slow mover like that. I mostly do it just to mess around.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2011
  4. Mkeesh

Mkeesh Member

San Ramon zip 94583
    i have two kmp9s and man are those fun to dual wield :D go for it its extremely Bada$$ ;)

5. Sharp

Sharp Member

Waukesha
    I duel wielded 2 simple GBB M9s during a game. It was actually tons of fun because we were only on a small speedball course for paintball. I was within range with them and I was able to vault and crawl through all the pipes and other obstacles lying around the field.

Definitely impractical for anything other than a CQB type environment though, but still tons of fun.

6. Remoon101

Remoon101 Active Member

Burke
  7. Thunderbo15

Thunderbo15 Active Member

Saint Charles
    I usually only dual wield when I'm really bored and feel like messing around, but I always end up wishing I had a rifle lol xD

8. DaveRuination

DaveRuination New Member

Alhambra
    saw this guy dual wield some full auto pistols - it was pretty cool to watch (i was already out at the time)...not sure if he got anyone out or not but it was pretty crazy from a spectator's view

9. Remoon101

Remoon101 Active Member

Burke

Dual Wielding could maybe work in a woodland environment... It's like using a shotgun in airsoft. It's heck of a lot harder, it's a great way to challenge yourself as a player and it changes the way you think. So maybe it's a good challenge if you're bored.

10. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    Actually playing a woodland game a few months ago one of the younger players had dual pistols. There's a proper way to do it, an improper way to do it, then there's running and gunning which is what most do.
    This particular guy would fire one a few times then the other, and honestly he was decent at it. His accuracy was definitely off, but it was intimidating.

Now if you're going to dual weld, I suggest you do it like Neo did in the Matrix in the infamous lobby scene. While holding 2 automatic sub machine guns (I want to say a Mac 10 or other small similar weapon), he fired a few rounds with the left hand, fired a few round at the same target with the right hand, then back to the left.
    It was effective at keeping heads down, kept fire on a general position, looked bad *ss, and most importantly got the job done.

I personally would rather use a single weapon, that way as I'm going around a corner I can use my free hand to grab objects, people, or anything else if need be. But the whole reason we use a single weapon is simply for accuracy (and control) reasons.

11. Remoon101

Remoon101 Active Member

Burke
    Of course it also depends on the weapons you're dual wielding which defines what kind of effect you're going for. It is possible to get plenty of kills even in woodland/non-CQB battlefields while dual wielding, provided you have the right guns capable of good accuracy (a warrior is only good as the quality of his armaments permit) and you know how to aim while dual wielding.
    An example being the video I posted in Airsoft Images/Video forum

...then there's Support Gunner with his two box mag AEGs (intimidated? maybe a little)

12. IHOP

IHOP New Member

Rockton
    Dual 8 inch revolvers while wearing a hat, cow hide vest, denim, boots, and chaps. /thread.

13. Remoon101

Remoon101 Active Member

Burke
    Or you could bring dual Uzis instead of revolvers to a showdown at High Noon, you'd stand a better chance at winning, right?

14. Nacht

Nacht New Member

Priceville
    I've always wondered if there was some actual reason behind all western duals taking place at 'high noon'.

15. IHOP

IHOP New Member

Rockton
    Only if you are too trigger happy that 12 rounds is too little ammunition and you require fully automatic capabilities to even stand a chance, then yes, by all means, bring Uzis, Chuck "Wannabe" Norris.

16. Remoon101

Remoon101 Active Member

Burke
    Well, if you were Chuck Norris then all you'd need is an empty m4 mag to win, of course!

I wonder how many people actually finds a dual-wielding player intimidating?

17. DaveRuination

DaveRuination New Member

Alhambra
    ^ if both weapons have a hi rof then yes

18. Redfalcon

Redfalcon New Member

Of course your throwing aiming out the window ! You can't aim both at the same time! I suggest AEP's in both hands with the biggest mags possible and only play close quarters.

19. Remoon101

Remoon101 Active Member

Burke
    Of course if you haven't practiced aiming while dual wielding, you're throwing your aim out the window. And while even being good at it won't be as precise as using one weapon/aiming down the sights of one, you can still maintain accuracy up to a point (provided the weapons are accurate themselves).
    It largely depends on the weapons in question and the skill of the dual wielded in question.

Now trying to aim and shoot at multiple targets at once, cool or dumb?