Dunp pouch

Discussion in 'Clothing / Gear' started by fruyoops, Dec 2, 2012.

1. fruyoops

fruyoops New Member

I need a cheap dump pouch about 10 inches deep to make sure nothing falls out. I would also like to know where you currently put your dump pouch on your belt. Ex. On your back side.

2. fruyoops

fruyoops New Member

Sweet looks like a great deal

3. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
    Yup, sure is. Tell me how it is when you get it.

4. Thestig

Thestig Some say... Supporting Member

Colorado Springs and Southern California
    I would suggest a FLYYE, Pantac, or Tag dump Pouch. You can get the FLYYE at shootercbgear.com, Pantac at airsoftsmith.com, and Tag, well, google. I don't know off the top of my head who has it the cheapest.

5. Grin

Grin New Member Lifetime Supporter

Irvine
    I have it for the cheapest :3.

Although TAG sells them directly.

6. fruyoops

fruyoops New Member

Grin, How much did you get yours for?

7. Grin

Grin New Member Lifetime Supporter

Irvine
    Free. I got it from an SF friend of mine, mate.

8. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    The Pantac:

http://www.airsoftsmith.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=31_75&products_id=2415

I'm starting to wonder if the stuff Evike is carrying under the name Phantom is actually old stock from the pre-Pantac company Phantom. It doesn't seem likely that they'd still have that much stuff, and I don't believe the real Phantom ever made a dump pouch that looked like that. I'd avoid Evike's stock of Phantom stuff.

9. fruyoops

fruyoops New Member

Looks like a great item to run, but $25 for a dump pouch just seems a lot to me.

10. Knief

Ann Arbor
  11. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
    I've heard that rumor a lot and that's the only reason I posted the link.

12. Flocktime

Flocktime New Member

NukeTown
    What exactly do you use a dump pouch for? I've seen people put bbs in them, magazines, water bottles, and trash in it.

13. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
    Mostly empty mags. It makes a faster reload by just putting it in there rather then a mag pouch.

14. Knief

Ann Arbor
    Spent mags. Instead of fiddling with them trying to get them back in your mag pouch, you just reach around, shove it in your dump pouch, and grab a fresh mag. Occasionally I'll throw my gloves in there if I need to get them out of the way quickly for an objective or something. In general it's for things you want to get out of your hands quickly.

You shouldn't be carrying anything in there for any duration, especially heavy stuff like water. Dump pouches swing and sag and bounce when they're full of crap. You need to keep things like water in a proper canteen pouch or hydration bladder, the same as you would anything else. Store everything properly for the best weight distribution, comfort, and mobility. Then use your dump pouch when you need to get rid of stuff quickly. Empty your dump pouch and re-stow everything as soon as you have the chance.

15. Flocktime

Flocktime New Member

NukeTown
    Thanks for clarification guys. I just stick mine back in my pouch face up to tell if its loaded or not.

16. Knief

Ann Arbor
    Generally speaking, that's going to be much slower than dropping it in a dump pouch. It's all about that high speed reload.

17. Flocktime

Flocktime New Member

NukeTown
    Yes It is. I end up losing a few mags by missing the pouch while I'm running and losing it.

18. Knief

Ann Arbor
  19. Flocktime

Flocktime New Member

NukeTown
    It will be worth it. But my mags are really cheap pmag green labels.