durability/speed upgrades for front wired kwa m4.

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by RunnerAndGunner87, Nov 27, 2012.

1. RunnerAndGunner87

RunnerAndGunner87 New Member

Nashville
    I know the parts I want to use, I just need a compatibility check. (Spring and motor fit in everything, i'm aware of that, still gonna list though. :D)

Matrix Turbo 3000 high speed motor
    M115 Spring (Will settle for M110 if you guys persuade me, not gonna go below that)
    Guarder high speed gear set
    Madbull PX-02 Green piston(full metal teeth)
    Any suggestions for cylinder? Any help is apperciated. I run an 11.1v 20C lipo, stock inner barrel (KM4A1), and deans.
    Thanks!

2. bal1

bal1 New Member

Matrix turbo 3000? I'm fairly positive that ics makes the turbo 3000? In fact I'm positive just looked at the ics 2012 catalogue.

3. Bulldawg26

Bulldawg26 Active Member

Atlanta
    I haven't personally tried the Guarder gear set (although I have found that Guarder parts are generally compatible with KWA guns). I don't know anything about the Madbull piston. I know the SHS 15 Steel Tooth Piston (Blue) works well. I would also suggest a Guarder SP110 spring. It is a longer spring with better "fling-back". It should get your FPS up to between 400 and 420 fps. I got 415 fps out of one in my KM4A1.

Don't forget about installing a MOSFET to protect your trigger contacts. I have been running my KWA KM4A1 with a 11.1v 20C lipo for about six months with no problems.

If you are looking at a TBB, I got a Guarder 6.02 TBB for about $45. It tightened up my gun's grouping quite a bit.

One last thing, I would replace the 2g bucking with a PDI W-Hold. I like the 2g bucking but it seems to wear out pretty quick. You'll get better accuracy at longer ranges with the W-Hold bucking. Just a thought.

4. RunnerAndGunner87

Nashville
    I'm not sure if it's called the "3000" but the Matrix turbo motor is nice.

5. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Matrix Turbo 3000 high speed motor I recommend using a high torque motor instead, much more efficient and gives better trigger response.
    M115 Spring (Will settle for M110 if you guys persuade me, not gonna go below that) Why not M120 and short stroke? Less chance of PME.
    Guarder high speed gear set I don't have any experience with Guarder dear sets, but Guarder has a pretty good reputation.
    Madbull PX-02 Green piston(full metal teeth) Should probably hold up well with corrected AOE. I'm a sucker for Lonex pistons myself.
    Any suggestions for cylinder? Any help is apperciated. Just polish the stock cylinder, no need to replace it if you're not changing the barrel length.
    I run an 11.1v 20C lipo Should be able to deliver at least 30A continuously

6. pmang6

pmang6 New Member

Am I missing something here? From what I've been told kwas are not compatible with standard upgrades.

7. RunnerAndGunner87

Nashville
    That's just the air nozzle, cylinder head, mechbox, and hopup unit. Aftermarket gears, motors, pistons, and springs all work fine.

8. Bulldawg26

Bulldawg26 Active Member

Atlanta
    That has been my experience as well.

9. Ehudakineyah

Ehudakineyah New Member

Mililani
    I will quote and back that up as well :)

You can add the cylinder head to the list of compatible. SHS and JBU work fine. Especially cause the stock ones break randomly lol

10. Star_folder

Star_folder New Member

Lexington
    The cylinder head is not proprietary, but if you replace it, you'll need to replace the nozzle as well. The hop up is replaceable with other two piece hop ups, but there isn't much aftermarket support for them because it's a poor design.

The gearbox shell is also replaceable, you just can't fit the KWA stuff inside of a different gearbox, generally speaking.

11. Bulldawg26

Bulldawg26 Active Member

Atlanta
    Yeah, but the nozzle is proprietary...hence making a switch in cylinder heads problematic. Fortunately, I haven't seen a cylinder head break yet.

12. Star_folder

Star_folder New Member

Lexington
    Yeah... the nozzles aren't that great anyway though. If they don't seal they'll need to be replaced, and a sealing nozzle seems to be about 50/50 from the guns I've seen. The nozzle really isn't that proprietary anyway, it's just got that ridge on the top so it fits into the hop up. It's only proprietary in the sense that it only fits in a KWA hop up unit. If you replace the unit, you'll have to replace the nozzle. Likewise, if you replace the cylinder head, you'll have to replace the nozzle. But you can replace the nozzle separately.

13. Ehudakineyah

Ehudakineyah New Member

Mililani
    I haven't had a problem in over 5 2GX KWA V2 boxes. And a little over 5 more GEN1 KWA V2 boxes.
    Been installing cheap SHS "red" metal cylinder heads. Nozzles fit perfect, and feed like OTB.

That's good you havent ran into it yet. It's hard to diagnose, and looks like only the bucking is worn when fired. They break quite a bit down here.

14. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    kwa nozzle with ridge on top:
    [​IMG]

kwa hopup with ridge groove:
    [​IMG]

not sure what will happen if you use either a regular nozzle or regular hopup in the mixture. since they are easily replaceable, it's not a problem.

shs 100:300 fits in the gearbox fine. i would assume speed ratios will also fit just as well. so far normal upgrades work with KWA's (specifically sr10)

btw, look how beefy the gearbox front end is:
    [​IMG]

LoL...
    [​IMG]

15. Ehudakineyah

Ehudakineyah New Member

Mililani
    Lol and to answer your question, regular after market nozzles are working with the KWA 2GX and GEN1 2 piece hop chambers :)

Only have had to replace about 3 nozzles so far (two 2GX and one GEN1). Didn't really have to. Fps didn't increase significantly weirdly. Compared to just keeping in the stock KWA nozzle. KWA's secret sauce lol.

I haven't had a problem with any installation of gearset's. 13:1-300:100 (full teeth) and 32:1 (half teeth). So no problems there lol.

Even with the "reinforced" front end of the gearbox, I still strongly suggest "radiusing" the gearbox. I have had about two 2GX gearboxes crack on the front this year at the non-Radiused point lol.

And.... I like the sticker pic lol ^_^