E1000 vs X3500??

Discussion in 'General Accessory Discussion' started by MADR77, Jun 25, 2015.

1. MADR77

MADR77 Well-Known Member

Boise
    I am trying to decide between purchasing the Element E1000 or Xcortech X3500 chronograph. As always, I have done extensive research already and from what I have seen, the X3500 has more functions, but is it really worth it for $30 more dollars? I haven't heard a single negative thing about the X3500; it is the newest version with many enhancements from the X3200 with the addition of the detachable screen which also serves as a secondary chronograph :eek:. The E1000 on the other hand is said to read FPS accurately and has an awesome display set-up, but is reported to have issues measuring RPS. I have narrowed it down to these two chronos, so don't try to convince me to buy those ****** MadBull ones :D

Here are the overall price comparisons (including shipping and coupon codes):

Xcortech X3500:
    [​IMG]

Element E1000
    [​IMG]

As stated the final prices include shipping and coupon codes. These are the cheapest possible ways I could combine the shipping options and the coupon codes, so what you see is the lowest available price if you were to purchase these on Evike.com (I prefer to buy them from this website only). That being said, the E1000 is right at $70, which to me is pretty reasonable considering you get the tripod included. The X3500 however, is almost $100 but has a wide variety of additional options.

My question is "Which one would you prefer and why?" Keep in mind that I usually get 2 guns every month, so between my guns and my friends' guns, the chronograph I buy will be put through a moderate amount of use (not as much as a field though).

Here are the links to the actual webpages:
    http://www.evike.com/products/46414/
    http://www.evike.com/products/30446/

Last edited: Jun 25, 2015
  2. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I'd buy the Xcortech, from a different shop.

3. Rushin

Rushin Well-Known Member

Kalamazoo

What shop would you suggest? Do any have lower prices? My cheapy fidragon chrono broke a while back and I'm planning on buying the X3500 myself.

4. Lefse

I simply don't like Evike, I bought my Xcortech X3200 from Airsoftpark (now Airsoftpeak), haven't had issues with the chrono or the retailer.

5. Rushin

Rushin Well-Known Member

Kalamazoo
    Huh. I'm fine with Evike, they ship fast and it always gets to me fine, their prices are higher so I really only buy ammo for my pistol and sometimes gas mags from them.

6. Lefse

They're probably fine, but I have heard varying things about them, and their ridiculous youtube videos has been a major turnoff for me. I also rarely order from US retailers because I live on the other side of the pond. They are among the very few retailers I've seen that actually sell cleaning rods, so I'll give them kudos for that.

7. Rushin

Rushin Well-Known Member

Kalamazoo

Their videos are really, really stupid. And like any other large retailer, they know nothing about gear/teching. For bulk orders they're fine, but I wouldn't really buy a gun or parts through them.

Also being overseas definitely makes a difference right there. Shipping isn't a joy.

8. MADR77

MADR77 Well-Known Member

Boise
    OK going back to the actual thread. Is there anyone who has had problems with the E1000? If RPS issues don't really occur then that is the one I will be getting as I usually use .20s and .25s. However RPS is a big concern so if that won't work I am getting the X3500? Would really like to hear from experienced users :)

9. EricT

EricT New Member

Stockton
    No experience with the E1000, but I recently replaced an Evike branded chrono with a X3500, and really like it. It gets a reading on virtually every shot (vs. about 1 in 3 with the Evike), and will get a consistent RPS reading, which the Evike rarely did probably because it missed so many shots.

Additionally, the Evike seemed to chrono 15-20 fps lower than other chronos and the X3500 gives readings on my guns that are more consistent with product specs and readings from other chrnos so it seems to be more accurate. Being able to mount the display on a rail is handy as well. It isn't cheap, but it is a nice product.

10. Lefse

My Xcortech X3200 has functioned flawlessly for several years now, I'd expect the X3500 to be of similar quality.

11. MADR77

MADR77 Well-Known Member

Boise
    Thank you both very, very much!! I believe I have made up my mind and willl be purchasing the X3500 later today. I may even do a review in the article section of the forum! Thanks so much guys! :)