E90 or TFB MP5A5?

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by Gardogger67, Apr 6, 2009.

1. Gardogger67

Gardogger67 Guest

I have been choosing a CQB weapon for 2 months and I have brought it down to 2 choices.....The Echo 1 E90 (P90) or The Echo 1 Task Force Black MP5A5.

now the two choices are very close yet very similar i have the pros and cons for both weapons but I want personal opinons on which one to get and if you own either of these guns please tell me how they are

Echo 1 E90 (155$)
    PROS: 4.5 lb. (lightweight im a rusher)
    metal upper reciver
    370 FPS
    better battery than other choice
    longer inner barrel
    2 68 mid caps
    better ROF
    lower price

cons:no high cap
    main body plastic
    longer than TFB MP5A5
    not as high FPS

Echo 1 Task Force Black MP5A5 (205$)
    PROS: 400 FPS
    mostly metal
    200 hi cap magazine
    shorter length
    more durabile

CONS:
    shorter inner barrel
    7 lb. heavy
    lower ROF

please help me choose thanks

-Gardogger67

2. Magnum

Magnum Guest

Well I've heard P90's don't feed good? I think P90s are cooler though. ;) MP5A5s are nice, too.

3. SN1P3R

SN1P3R New Member

you dont want more than 330 fps for cqb bro, and i like the p90 cause its more accurate for its size.

4. Magnum

Magnum Guest

Yeah, the CQB arena here's website says they don't allow any higher fps but I've seen a shotgun (possibly M500) that's fps is higher, like 360?

5. deathmechanic

deathmechanic Active Member

Davis
    I say get the E90. Comes with a 9.6v. Its a longer barrel for the size of the weapon. The hicaps can feed every bb with one wind. The only thing with the mags dont fill them 100% for the E90. If you fill it all the way then you get some bad misfeeds so leave some room.

6. Sparky_D

Sparky_D Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Pierce County
    I have a couple friends with the E90. Each has had problems with inconsistent performance and accuracy. The hop-up chambers had such bad mold flashing that it actually affected the accuracy.

I fear that the TF MP5 is a rebrand of the Well R5. Decent, but very limited in its upgrade potential (6.2mm bushings).

Of the two, the E90 has the best potential, but be prepared to spend a little extra to make it shine.

7. hairyman

hairyman New Member Supporting Member

Dublin
    Agreed,,the P90 is the way to go mate,,,,,The ACM P90 has been getting mixed reviews over here too,,and the general consencus is(as Mr Sparky has said) that the ACM P90 needs work to make it reliable/accurate,,,,another choice is the CA P90 Sportline,,i have one and its utter junk,,,i could of just got a lemon, but word on the street over here is(like me),,most CA P90 users are not pleased with the quality of the product,,,,,The Well D90 is another choice,,but unless you want to spend the rest of your life making silly faces and shouting at people,,then please dont,,,a pillow made of fiber glass attic insulation is more fun,,,,,,,,,this leaves one last choice,,

The TM,,,,,its more expensive,,,,but in this case,,you get your moneys worth,,great internals,,,lovely externals,,,great performance(280fps is fine for CQB),,and TMs wonderfull hop up system(allows it to hold its own in woodland),,not to mention TMs now legendary reliability.

8. deathmechanic

Davis
    TM P90 all the way i say. That gun can have a beastly ROF. Not to mention it will out range the E90 .

9. Gardogger67

Gardogger67 Guest

The TF is a CYMA rebrand and i know I will probly have to upgrade the E90 if I get it, but I would also probably have to upgrade the TF too because of the ROF,
    but i heard the Echo 1 MP5 have a really easy take down to get to the gearbox. but im not sure about the E90

10. Gardogger67

Gardogger67 Guest

yeah I know the TM P90 is way better but Im actually using this for a backup for sniper/main cqb/ and field. because I usually play at big places and sometimes cqb

11. deathmechanic

Davis
  12. Sparky_D

Pierce County
    You are correct about the TF being a rebranded Cyma MP5J.

As for ease of access to the GB, there are few guns easier to access the gearbox as the P90. 2 screws, and it slides right out.

In stock form, the TM P90 will range out to 150' pretty consistently.
    Dump a tbb and a spring upgrade and you'll accurately hit out to 200'.

You'll only get longer range with that if you use it to cover a longer inner barrel, then you'll also need to change the cylinder.

13. deathmechanic

Davis
    Thanks for adding that i forgot to say you need a longer barrel and a bigger cylinder *slaps self* :(

14. Gardogger67

Gardogger67 Guest

summary

okay so in summary the E90 is the way to go if I upgrade (new barrel, cylinder set ETC.) now i know the e90 has the push down reciever take off that shows the hop up and barrel, so i can easily change the barrel. but im not really sure how to change the cylinder set.

can someone give me a summry how or mybe a video link?

15. Wingman

Wingman Member

E90 is a superb AEG. I've had mine since last July and have had nothing but good luck with it. By the way, there are high caps available for it. They say rate of fire could be better, but I've no problem with the way it shoots now. It's really quite good in woodland scenarios.

Out of the box, this AEG is far to powerful for CQB and I know most sites will not allow it's use without a spring change. Mine chrono'd at 392 out of the box. Way too hot.

I use a TM Sig 552 Navy SEAL for CQB most of the time. I've also used a old UTG MP5 that I got many years ago. It has taken a real beating over the years, but still works terrific (so much for all those who never had anything good to say about them).

Your best bet would probably be the Echo 1 MP5 that comes with the two different gear boxes that are easily changeable. I've seen them for about $70.00 more than the MP5 your looking at now, but you'd end up getting two guns for the price of one.

16. Sparky_D

Pierce County
    Get the E90, then get a KS P90 V6 replacement gearbox (KS is the OEM for Echo-1 on the E90).

Downgrade the KS gearbox to sub 350 FPS and then it's only 2 screws in the battery compartment and you can eisily swap gearboxes. Much easier than any other AEG except the ICS M series.

17. Gardogger67

Gardogger67 Guest

If i get a longer inner barrel for the E90 can I have a madbull silencer to go over it or will it not fit over?

18. Sparky_D

Pierce County
    Sure you can. The E90 has standard 14mm negative threads.