Eagle force 72:1

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by Sophomore, Nov 2, 2012.

1. Sophomore

Sophomore New Member

East Bay Area
    I received bad SHS 32:1 and need a new gearset :(

How are Eagle Force Gears 72:1?
    And is Element a good brand for spring guides?

2. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Why do you need such ridiculously high gear ratio? A set of standard JG gears will work nicely for most setups. I run an element plastic(!) spring guide in my 38rps AK build, and it's holding up very well.

3. Sophomore

Sophomore New Member

East Bay Area
    I'm running a m150. 72:1 is probably more then enough but i rather put less stress on my setup.

4. Star_folder

Star_folder New Member

Lexington
    And I've got an M160 on 18:1s, and a 700fps rifle on 20:1 gears. If you've upgraded the motor and are using lipos, it'll have the power you're looking for, and some.

Also, 72:1 ratio gears are impossible to fit in a gearbox. Whatever this is, it is a marketing gimmick.

5. Lefse

A Lonex high torque motor will pull an M150 spring like it was made of paper on 18:1 ratio gears. What motor are you currently running? And I agree with Star_folder, 72:1 ratio gears is bullshit.

6. Sophomore

Sophomore New Member

East Bay Area
    I'm running a lonex high torque haha
    But im not sure if G&G gears can stand up to a m150

7. IHOP

IHOP New Member

Rockton
    Replace them with some SHS Gen1s, XYTs, or JG gears then.

8. Lefse

G&G gears are actually pretty strong, so if you shim them properly i'm sure they will hold up fine actually. And btw, when I said ridiculously high gear ratio I was actually referring to the 32:1 ratio gears. I would only consider a gear ratio that high for pulling something like an M200 spring, if you have the Lonex A2, it's said to be able to pull an M150 on 10:1 ratio gears if you feed it with a high discharge li-po. An M150 on standard ratio gears isn't even a heavy load for it.

9. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    G&G gears on M150 is the very max...Already seen too many of them crumble at that point...

<13:1 with SP170

10. Lefse

I see, I was hoping their regular gears were as strong as their pinion gears, which seem to be very strong.