Early vietnam war air cavalry impression

Discussion in 'Clothing / Gear' started by theripper76, Dec 20, 2012.

1. theripper76

theripper76 New Member

middlesboro
    Olive drab Propper 2-pocket bdu shirt.
    Olive drab Rothco bdu pants (no cargo pockets).
    Olive drab t-shirt.
    black jungle boots.
    Pistol belt with h-style harness.
    2 m67 mag pouches

g

Attached Files:

2. Batman

Batman New Member

Wichita
    I really dont think paratroopers used the M14, I would get like an XM-177, but it's up to you.

3. theripper76

theripper76 New Member

middlesboro
    Your right and I actually have a classic army xm177 but I thought the m14 looked sweet with the uniform

4. levirocks

levirocks #FreeNuggy Lifetime Supporter

arlington
  5. theripper76

theripper76 New Member

middlesboro
    So did they use the m14 at all? Or was it more of a marine weapon?

6. Batman

Batman New Member

Wichita
    Regardless of whether or not the xm177 was used, the m14 was NOT a paratrooper weapon.

7. Lil_Shady

Lil_Shady Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Supporter

8. theripper76

theripper76 New Member

middlesboro
    I do know the early war infantryman and the marines used it, and I do know that they had the same uniform type, and if that's the case, changing my loadout is as easy as removing the patch

9. theripper76

theripper76 New Member

middlesboro
    The m14 I mean, not the xm177, here's some pictures of marines in the da nang landing, and they have nearly the same loadout type as the early aircav and since i like my m14 better than the xm177, i think i'm just gonna go with the early marine corps impression. I actually got these pictures from the same website link you posted earlier which by the way is an excellent website for a namsofter.

Attached Files:

10. theripper76

theripper76 New Member

middlesboro
    Hey guys, new development, I was watching vietnam in HD the other day and they were talking about the battle of the Ia drang valley, which was fought by the aircav, and during the discussion they were showing clips from the battle and on two separate occasions, I saw aircav guys holding m14's one of which was on a bipod, so I was wondering if their's a chance the aircav did use the m14 as maybe a support weapon?