Echo 1 AK47...good buy?

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by Sandman76, Oct 21, 2012.

1. Sandman76

Sandman76 New Member

Flint
    My friend told me that echo 1 is the best company for Airsoft guns. I willing to pay more if it will shoot good, last a while, and won't have to upgrade it at all. I found this off amazon, does anyone have experience with echo 1 or know of this is a good buy?
    Thanks

Attached Files:

2. TheAirsoftTech

TheAirsoftTech New Member

Echo1 is far from the best, but they are great for people who don't want to perform upgrades for a while.

3. Beta

Beta New Member

[if anything go with G&P they are superior to echo 1 or most of the company's. but the other guy is also right try and look into cymas also, there performance is also excellent

4. Sandman76

Sandman76 New Member

Flint
    Yea those are pretty nice. I noticed that CYMA seems to pretty much only make m14s and ak47s? I might be able to be talked into getting a m14... But I would prefer an assault rifle. But i will still look into CYMA. What are the top manufacturers though? Like I said, I'm willing to spend more money,as long as it performs well and I won't have to upgrade it.
    I could probably go up to $200 at the most.

5. TysonY2

TysonY2 New Member

Emmett
    CYMA m14's are reliable, but won't be able to contend as well with G&G's m14's.
    With your budget, a CYMA m14 would be the way to go if your interested in them, but if you really want an m14 I advise you jsut save 50 more dollars and get a G&G. A CYMA Ak seems like a good way to go too, or if your interested in an m4 KWA makes one for your price range. What kinda platform are you looking for?

6. Sandman76

Sandman76 New Member

Flint
    I just want an aeg that can compete with the guys im playing with now. Literally everyone has a $200 aeg that shoots 400fps. I prefer the m4, ak47, scar, and g36 models. I honestly dont like the m14 style, but if its an amazing weapon that can compete with an aeg then I will get it. I dont want to have to upgrade them either.
    I found this off air rattle, it seems like a good reliable gun.

http://www.airrattle.com/TM_AK47_Clone_Black_Ops_Metal_AEG_Airsoft_Rifle_p/cm031.htm

7. Hydra572

Hydra572 New Member

Superior
    CYMA AKs and M14s are plenty good. Echo1 AKs and M14s are CYMA guns with a little bit of QC, and a warranty. If you're entirely clueless about internals, this may be worth the price difference for you. JG G36s are fine, and have the same relationship with the Echo1 G36s. Keep in mind, unless you're playing in exceedingly close quarters, range is very important. Of the listed models, the M14 has the best range by far. I do not recommend the Dboys or the E1 SCAR.

8. Sandman76

Sandman76 New Member

Flint
    So should I go with an Echo 1 over a CYMA? Is that the top manufacturer or are there higher end guns out there? I don't really want to mess around, I want only one gun, and for it to be excellent. Lol

9. Griffin213

Griffin213 New Member

The Echo1 Red Star AK series are good.

10. Sandman76

Sandman76 New Member

Flint
    Alright I'm leaning towards an AK now, I haven't heard anything bad about CYMA...yet..?

Attached Files:

11. Defcon5

Defcon5 New Member

No, CYMA is a pretty good brand. Especially with their AKs and M14s. You can almost never go wrong.

12. naamtune

naamtune New Member

Redlands
    A CYMA CM040C is good, if you're going for AK. It's an AK-104 (if I remember correctly, or a AK-105). I think it's priced at around $116 on Airsoftpanda.

13. Ze_Glocksman

Ze_Glocksman New Member

Kerrville
    I have the echo1 ak47 ris that you originally posted. I was very pleased with it. If you are planning to upgrade the gearbox then I would say go with a different gun, but if you don't really want to upgrade, it's a very good gun. Also echo1 has a tech support channel on YouTube so I you want to find out how to take your gun apart or whatever you can just look it up on their channel.

14. Sandman76

Sandman76 New Member

Flint
    Alright cool. Thanks. Are there any other extraordinary CYMA Ak's?

15. Fyzix

Fyzix Fyzzy Was Here. Supporting Member

Garland
    I'm just gonna stick my head in here and say that ASM isn't exactly the best place to buy from.... Stick to ASGI and Evike. :)

Just about anything CYMA does over .028 will do you fine. Basically, the higher the number, the nicer it's gonna be.