Echo 1 E90

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by evan2634, Aug 14, 2012.

1. evan2634

evan2634 New Member

I searched on this topic and couldnt find it, but of there is one, please put a link. But I wanted to know if it's worth $170?

2. TheAirsoftTech

TheAirsoftTech New Member

Yes, if you're going to keep it stock for a while.

3. ShooterMcgavin

ShooterMcgavin New Member

New Port News
    Just get the KS P90 and upgrade it yourself with better parts?

4. alexrox

alexrox New Member

Ellicott City
    I hear the CA p90 is pretty good. (not the sport line , the "full size" version.

5. TheAirsoftTech

This as well, if you're wanting to upgrade get the KS, if not then get the Echo1 P90

6. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

The KS P90 is only $98 at ehobbyasia.com, and it has pretty decent internals and is basically the same gun, so I would say it's a better deal than the Echo1 E90.

7. TheAirsoftTech

The Echo1 version comes with a lot of little things that are better than the KS.
    Like:
    Aluminum Bearings
    Ported piston head.
    Metal bearing spring guide
    And the AOE was already adjusted (when I got mine.... Weird)
    There's one big compliant I have with the E1 P90. The motor is slow... Very slow even on a 9.6.
    But i agree, its a better deal. If I had the choice to go back and get the KS over the E1, I'd get the KS, just because it's a better platform for upgrading...

8. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

The KS P90 came stock with 4 brass and 2 steel bushings, I doubt aluminium bushings are much better, might have less friction, it has a metal spring guide, it also had a ported plastic piston head, it also had the 2nd tooth removed if I remember correctly. The shimming was actually the best I've seen in any stock AEG, it was pretty much spot on. The gears were so good I put them in my AUG hehe. Exactly what do you mean by corrected AOE, was only the 2nd tooth removed, or had they actually added a sorbopad or rubber washers to the cylinder head? I have never seen a stock AEG with corrected AOE.

The motor wasn't very good though, replaced that with a nice Lonex A4 high speed motor. Also the stock nozzle was horrible, and the hop-up chamber was pretty crude, had to sand it and such to get it up to my standards. After I refined the hop-up chamber I got pretty good accuracy out of it with the stock barrel. Overall it's very good value for the money though.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2012
  9. TheAirsoftTech

I mean there wasn't a sorbo pad or any spacer. But, the sector gear matched up pretty well with the piston teeth. Shimming was pretty good, but not great. (had to re-do it)

The aluminum bushings are holding up great though, I'v had mine for a year now. No wear and tear at all. My air nozzle was built into the tappet plate... I didn't like that.

My hopup was great, at first, then after about 2 months of use it went down hill. Then I fined tuned it, now it's good.

My cylinder head was great, for being a stock cylinder head. Good compression stock, but now it has great compression.

I'm going to upgrade my motor, can I PM you with a question about the Lonex one you installed?

Overall the only reason if recommend the E1 version to the OP would be if he doesn't want to do any internal work at all. But, if he's willing to upgrade, the KS is a great platform. (for reasons you stated)

Last edited: Aug 14, 2012
  10. ShooterMcgavin

ShooterMcgavin New Member

New Port News
    Yeah once I get my current setup finished and get a nice GBB side arm I see getting a KS P90 for a CQB high speed setup, that or a an A&K M249 either or I will be doing some internal work to. :D