Echo 1 hop up problems

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by ahood76, Nov 14, 2012.

1. ahood76

ahood76 New Member

Sorry might be spamming the feed a little so I apologize. Just got the echo 1 troy mrf 7". Been test firing around my back yard and I'm noticing that even with my hopup completely turned off the bb's are still flying up erratically after 50 ft or so. Opened it up and looked at the hopup and everything seems ok. Any ideas as to what could be the problem?

2. Ehudakineyah

Ehudakineyah New Member

Mililani
    What kind of bb's are you using? Is this with "0.2 gram" bb's?

If you are using it, you might need to take down the hop unit and inspect it.

3. ahood76

ahood76 New Member

.25's. it's a two piece hopup unit if that makes any difference. And what would I be looking for?

4. Star_folder

Star_folder New Member

Lexington
    when you pull the barrel and hop up assembly out, and look down the barrel with the hop up all the way off, you shouldn't see a mound in the window. Do you still see a mound?

5. ahood76

ahood76 New Member

Nope no mound ( 20 chars)

6. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    It sounds to me like you are using poor quality BBs that aren't heavy enough. Also, make sure your bucking is seated correctly. It could be being pushed into the barrel just enough that you can't see it, but it's still making contact with the BB.

Also, are you sure you turned the hop up dial the correct way?

7. ahood76

ahood76 New Member

The bb's shouldn't be a problem. I'm using ICS .25's. and ok I'll check that.