Echo 1 M28

Discussion in 'Sniper Rifles' started by mockingshot, Sep 6, 2012.

1. mockingshot

mockingshot New Member

I have a guy who wants to sell me his M28, it has a bass pro shops bought bipod that be purchased for around 45$ and a supposedly G&P scope. Should I buy new or buy used for 140$ from this guy?

Sorry forgot to add the scope and gun picture. Can anyone identify that scope?

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2012
  2. TYSONtheSNIPER

TYSONtheSNIPER New Member

Edmonton
    Well unlike that last guy I think that scope looks pretty sick. First of all what are your plans if you buy this gun? Would you just turn it over and re-sell it, or are you planning on useing it a upgrading it?

Overall though the price seems good considering brand new the gun is about $175, plus you have a scope and bipod.

My biggest issue though is the gun itself. When I was looking for a M24 platform I looked into the echo 1. Through my research I found that upgrade wise it was kind of.... Ok I guess. If I remember correctly some things were proprietary. I do know however that a member here (Ranger?) Is working on some of its problems such as the piston.

3. TornadoAirsoft

TornadoAirsoft New Member

You need to buy this sniper. It is amazing I would get a new cylinder because it will slam fire. Over all you should BBBBBBBUUUUUUUYYYYY IT.

4. TysonY2

TysonY2 New Member

Emmett
    seems legit.

I've never had the rifle myself, but have heard stories of cheap internals that break, and are extremely difficult to replace. Ask him how many rounds he's put through it.

5. mockingshot

mockingshot New Member

It looks really nice and the price is really good. I wouldn't upgrade it much. It's 8 months old and not even fielded. So Ill see.

6. Archer627

Archer627 Active Member

Figgington
    You should try and get a BAR10 or CA M24 instead. Perosnally, I don't like the M28. However, that scope looks sweet. Lol.

7. mockingshot

mockingshot New Member

I love the M24 but this looks even better with that stock and scope. The CA is a bit expensive for me since I just bought an M4. What upgrades can I add to this?

8. jarhead88

jarhead88 New Member

new york
    i have the M28 and it is nice when it works. i have to fix the sears set/trigger it slam fires. i local guy says he has the fix for it otherwise you have to find a better trigger set, stock is not good. but it is sweet when it works...

9. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    It has limited upgrade options because of the stupid system that they use \-__-/
    CA M24 you are getting a pre-upgraded gun, only thing you need to upgrade is really the spring and maybe the piston....
    Steel trigger unit, everything else is nice aluminum, PDI style hop up chamber ($100 right there for a PDI one)
    Uses AEG barrel/bucking.

CA M24 seriously gives you the biggest bang for the buck out of all spring bolt action rifles.

10. TYSONtheSNIPER

Edmonton
    Upgrade wise as I stated earlier the M28 isn't the best option. As I said before the piston is plastic and proprietary. Ranger is however making metal ones, but from what I've seen there still being put through tests. For sears vsr-10 style are ideal. The hopup unit takes vsr buckings but apparently you cannot put in either the pdi or TM hopup chamber.

Overall the gun should be ok, but if I where you I would consider the snowwolf/javelin M24 over this one. Obviously the best choice would be the Classic army, but if you don't wanna spend a bunch then its already out of the question. But if you decide to splurge a bit then I can personally tell you that the Classic Army M24 is the best spring rifle I've ever owned/held. It feels amazing.

Edit: beat to it by EDI lol.

If your still interested in the M28, here's a link to Rangers piston.

http://www.airsoftsociety.com/forums/f9/m28-piston-done-works-great-59256/

Last edited: Sep 7, 2012
  11. mockingshot

mockingshot New Member

Okay I will see......thank you.

12. TornadoAirsoft

It's the cylinder not the sears. I replaced the sears and it didn't fix it so replace the cylinder.

I would do it is a good price and a very good performing gun

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2012
  13. TYSONtheSNIPER

Edmonton
    ^^ take this guys word cautiously. I mean his profile name is M28, I kinda smell a fan boy.

I'm not saying its terrible, however I do know for a fact that you can get something a lot better. In the end though your going to be the one to decide.

14. mockingshot

mockingshot New Member

I would so much rather have a M24 but I don't see any upgrades in the future but Idk. I will probably pass on the M28 and wait for a M24.

15. TornadoAirsoft

Ok I'm not a fan boy but I really like the gun it's very good.

The bipod comes with the gun.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2012
  16. mockingshot

mockingshot New Member

Yes and the scope.....

17. TYSONtheSNIPER

Edmonton
    Oooooooh. I'm not sure if I need to tell you this but I will anyway, a stock spring sniper rifle sucks. If however you do decide to upgrade then get the Classic Army M24. I know its expensive, but in the end you'll spend less money on upgrades with that gun. Sears are already great, so is the hopup chamber (those are the most expensive things to upgrade in any other sniper rifle). So the only things that would be needed are, stronger spring, tight bore barrel (6.03), some slight hopup mods (R-hop or ER-hop), and possibly a new piston.

I'm just trying to help you get the best sniping experience. The M28 can be made good, but it will probably end up being more expensive then other options. Especially with it limits on what parts work in the gun.

Anyway I hope I've been helpful. And regardless of what gun you choose I hope you enjoy it.

18. mockingshot

mockingshot New Member

I've been on this fourm long enough to know all what you just told me. Sorry if this came off rude.

19. TYSONtheSNIPER

Edmonton
    Cool...... Champ. Well I guess I've been helpful enough.

It's funny though..... You've been here for a long time, yet you don't want to upgrade a sniper rifle?? Oh well I guess your an expert, and I have no clue what your intentions are with this gun.

For all I know maybe you wanna be a close quarters sniper. Because as you know (I assume) that gun won't do you any good whatsoever at long ranges. Good luck!

Edit: saw your edit, noted it. But in the end I'm trying to help you.

20. mockingshot

mockingshot New Member

Sorry that was a little rude of me. I play field so I would just worry about cylinder or piston and spring.

Just because I've been here long enough doesn't mean I love to upgrade