Echo1 M28

Discussion in 'Sniper Rifles' started by DocG213, Jun 4, 2015.

1. DocG213

DocG213 New Member

Portsmouth
    okay so i just got me an M28 bolt action rifle and i took it apart to check it out, and im not comfortable with a plastic spring guide and plastic piston, so question to anyone who has the same rifle anyone got any advice on how to upgrade these, or have there been problems upgrading this rifle?

if you wanna find me, im also going to be playing here in virginia so come on out wouldnt mind finding more people to play with

2. preston5151

preston5151 Member

Tustin
    The M28 is compatible with vsr-10 parts so you should look for PDI or Laylax parts for vsr-10 series rifles. If you can't afford PDI or Laylax you can get some of the Angel Custom parts which are decent clones of Laylax products. The first thing to upgrade in a BASR is probably the piston and trigger sears.

Although if you just got the gun I would use it for awhile then think about replacing parts for better ones. You should get a feel of the rifle before upgrades.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2015

3. DocG213

DocG213 New Member

Portsmouth
    i like the feel of it already, its just a little bit longer then my SVD is, a little bulker on the front end but the bolt is smooth, my SVD shoots farther and a little more accurate thou, but ive put some money into doing all internal upgrades to it...

i want this one to be just as nice if not better, i like the scope i got for this one, a buddy gave me his 9x50 scope, its a little big for an airsoft gun, but it looks cool.

i want it to be as reliable as my SVD and just as accurate at long ranges, so it doesnt matter if im playing OPFOR or Nato nation i have a weapon for both

i like bolt actions, already, and the bolt on this is really smooth

4. preston5151

preston5151 Member

Tustin

If you like the feel of it then go replace what you want but remember to replace the piston an trigger sears because they will wear out very fast when you replace the piston with a better one. The reason trigger and piston sears wear out so quickly with upgraded pistons is because difference of materials between the piston and piston sear (like steel rubbing on pot metal, you can guess what will wear down faster)

Last edited: Jun 4, 2015
  5. DocG213

DocG213 New Member

Portsmouth
    yeah i learned this from my experience with the SVD, i found one by Angels customs, and you said the VSR-1 would fit? or is it just certain types that fit?

6. DocG213

DocG213 New Member

Portsmouth
    and i use .38 gg elite force biodegrade BBs you

7. preston5151

preston5151 Member

Tustin

The vsr-10 trigger and piston sear and spring guide should fit the m28 however the m24/m28 series have different pistons and other parts.

8. DocG213

DocG213 New Member

Portsmouth
    thanks for the tips, do you have one too? and if so have you painted yours i havent painted mine yet, ima try something different for this one when i paint it, love to see what you done to yours

9. preston5151

preston5151 Member

Tustin

I actually don't have the m28 but i held one and did some work on one.

10. DocG213

DocG213 New Member

Portsmouth
    well had a problem this weekend, took it out stock and the FPS out of the box was too high for ballahack field, i have to get it with in 475-500 fps it was 20 fps over