Echo1 P90 Help

Discussion in 'Beginners Forum' started by redyp, Sep 3, 2012.

1. redyp

redyp New Member

Echo1 P90

I am trying to make my gun awesome, but need help. I bought an echo1 p90 because I personally love the look of that gun body. I have also bought an angel customs stock extension, the matrix terminator kit, an AIM 4X32 illuminated scope with fiber optic sights, a mad bull stubby forward grip, an AIM AR series bipod, and an AIM 363mm 6.03 inner barrel. That stuff I didn't need help with getting, but now that i am done with the externals, I want to make it shoot smoothly most of all, and about 1100 to 1200rounds per minute. It came with a 9.6V battery and I think it came with a M120 spring... But I have not done anything to its gearbox, so I could be wrong. It would be an amazing help if someone could help point me in the right direction with specifications and specifics about what items I am going to need to buy. I would like to spend under $300, but i am willing to go to $400 if needed.

2. TheCaptainAlmighty

TheCaptainAlmighty New Member

Gallifrey
    What is your gun currently shooting in the ROF field? But what you will need is a M100 or lower spring, so that it isn't pulling hard=shooting faster.

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=31_49&products_id=9528
    This should also help, and keeps things E1. And try drilling small holes in the piston, because it can slightly help to increase ROF, by lowering piston weight. This is as far I can personally help you, just wait till a few Tech Masters step in. Also, I think this topic is better suited for the Gun Modification section, because usually the Tech's all roam there, but you should be fine. You don't really strike me as a beginner, but that's just me.

3. redyp

redyp New Member

Thanks for the help, and I reported to get good advice, not to try to be annoying

4. Star_folder

Star_folder New Member

Lexington
    Well, you should be pretty close to your RoF goal with that battery. Right now, the best you can do is correct your AoE and shim the gears. It will help to quiet the gun and make it run more reliably and effiecently.

And fyi, drilling holes in pistons does not increase rate of fire (mathmatically, it does, but the increase is not noticeable except in the most extreme of conditions). You drill holes in pistons to make them lighter to decrease the amount of force applied to the pick up tooth of the piston.

5. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I don't recommend getting E1 parts, go with Lonex or SHS parts, you don't need to replace the gears, the stock gears are very strong. Your ROF goal is about 20rps, you will ahcieve this if you overhaul the gearbox, as mentioned by Star_folder, then install a basic mosfet, 16AWG silicone wiring, Deans or XT60 connectors, and run the gun with an 11.1v li-po with 20C or higher discharge rating. I achieved about the ROF you're looking for with that combo in my KS P90, which is the OEM for the E1 P90. You may need to replace the stock air nozzle to make it feed reliably at that ROF.

6. TheCaptainAlmighty

TheCaptainAlmighty New Member

Gallifrey
    What do you mean by reported? And you weren't being annoying.

7. redyp

redyp New Member

I meant reposted, and what is OEM and AoE, and all I need to do is change the wiring to make it lipo ready?

8. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

OEM means Original Equipment Manufacturer, meaning the E1 is rebranding KS P90's. AOE means Angle Of Engagement, and is the angle between the first tooth on the sector gear and the pickup tooth on the piston when they meet, these to teeth should meet at a parallel angle to reduce the risk of breaking the pickup tooth. You have to do more than just changing the wiring if you wanna run it with an 11.1v li-po. You should replace any brass bushings with oil-less steel bushings that you glue in place, reshim the gears, correct AOE, install a mosfet, Deas or XT60 connectors. You may also have to replace the stock cylinder head and air nozzle to get it to feed reliably above 20rps.