Echo1 P90 upgrade help

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by cheap, Jun 15, 2009.

1. cheap

cheap New Member

Anaheim
    I wanted to upgrade my stock ECHO 1 E90 ETW from scratch i am new to upgrading and i just know so far i want to put a Systema Turbo Motor (Long) inside it but idk what else i need to upgrade before that :confused:, i know im not suppost to put that motor in my stock p90 or else it will wreck my gears, so if anyone knows what i need to do please tell me, ty

2. Grinder060

Grinder060 New Member

Duncan Falls
    I would recommend you concentrate on easier upgrades and search for more information on repairing/upgrading AEG's. There's plenty of info to be read around here and other places. The first things you should invest in are a tight bore barrel and a new hop-up bucking. Also a quality battery would help your rate of fire. Those are the things you should start off on.

3. Snipeshot16

Snipeshot16 New Member

4. Sparky_D

Sparky_D Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Pierce County
    cheap,

You definately need to do a lot of research before you go diving into upgrades.
    The P90 does not take a long motor.

5. cheap

cheap New Member

Anaheim
    um this is considered research, and yes it does

6. Sparky_D

Pierce County
    Woops, my bad. I was looking at the wrong gearbox pix on my comp. :eek:

The Magnum motor should work fine with the stock gears if you are keeping the stock spring.

If you want to upgrade FPS, you should be able to run up to an M120 on the stock gears, but I would highly recomend using either Guarder or Systema gears, especially if you want to go higher.

I would also replace the stock piston with a polycarb piston. I think the stock piston head is already ported, but it may be a good idea to replace it too. I would recomend either the Guarder or Systema Area 1000 aluminum head.

Guarder makes a great metal V6 cylinder head, and paired with an o-ring nozzle, it creates a great air seal for more consistant shooting.

The Echo-1 P90 has 7mm metal bushings already, so you should be good there.
    I don't remember if it has a metal spring guide, but if you're putting an M120 or stronger spring inside, I'd make sure the guide is metal or replace it with one that is.

Now, for accuracy upgrades, I'd recomend a good 247mm long 6.03mm TBB. Deepfire, JBU, and Madbull have some decent ones for reasonable prices. I prefer the Deepfire.
    You can go longer with the length if you want to cover the excess with a suppressor or a PS type barrel extension.
    I would replace the hop-up bucking with a Guarder, Systema, or Prometheus bucking and use an Element "H" nub (black for M120 or over, white for M110 and under).
    Also, make sure you inspect the inside edges of the hop up chamber for burrs and flash. I know 4 people with E-90's and had bad consistency issues due to poor molding of the chamber.

Now for performance upgrades, I'd look into getting a MOSFET. The E-90 comes with a pretty weak 9.6V battery which will serve you well for a while. If you plan on upgrading your battery to a better one with higher burst current, your trigger contacts will wear much faster than with the stock battery. While this won't be noticable for maybe as long as a year or more, I think a good active breaking Mosfet with a resettable fuse is a wise investment. Extreme Fire is pretty much the cutting edge innovator in solid state AEG control circuits.

Oh, and check out the videos on www.mechbox.com for tips and tricks and general info on gearboxes.

Hope this helps in your search...

7. cheap

cheap New Member

Anaheim
    ok but i wanted to go with turbo because i think its more rof than magnum the magnum both acts as torque and rof i think, and i dont want more fps than it is because i might not be able to play a game if its over 400 fps, so i should still do most of those upgrades except the spring? ty for the info

8. cheap

cheap New Member

Anaheim
    and is the bucking the about 1" rubber tube around the barel on the hop up end? or the small piece of rubber that pushes the rubber tube into the barrel?

9. Sparky_D

Pierce County
    Bucking = rubber sleeve.

Nub = piece that goes between arm and bucking.

The Magnum has a slightly lower RPM than the Turbo, but the higher initial torque of the Magnum will result in much faster trigger response in semi-auto.
    Higher speed motors work well in full auto applications because it takes about 3 or 4 cycles for them to reach their maximum speed under load. In semi-auto, they seem sluggish.

Also, a high torque motor will have the power you need to cycle your gun if it hapens to stop mid cycle (with the spring mostly compressed). When I put my Guarder high speed motor in my ICS and it stopped mid stroke, the only way I was able to get it to shoot again was with the decompression feature. Shot fine after that, but those extra seconds could have gotten me out if they happened at the wrong time in a game.

As for your upgrading it, how long have you had it? How many games have you played with it?

10. cheap

cheap New Member

Anaheim
    i dont have any upgrades, i played about 3

11. PatentPending

PatentPending New Member

It's a good idea to check out a diagram of a standard AEG so you know what people are talking about when they start throwing out terms like spring guide and tappet plate. I had a problem with my P90 awhile ago and I found this diagram helpful...

Airsoft Guide and Information - What is Airsoft!?

As for the upgrades, I'm not sure you really need them. Mine has a good ROF anyway and I had to downgrade my spring for my CQB field. In fact, if you downgrade the spring to a M100 the FPS is still about 340 and theROF goes up. All for about $10. Though, if you got the time and money, no reason not to go nuts.

I assume that's you in your profile pic and I see you have the box mag. Good buy. A new motor should help increase the ROF but make sure you also get a better battery. A long battery fits perfectly between the rails and it's pretty easy to run the wires along the side.