Echo1 SCAR-l problem.

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by TheAirsoftTech, Sep 2, 2012.

1. TheAirsoftTech

TheAirsoftTech New Member

Alright, so I have my friend's Echo1 SCAR right now and I took it apart to clean, re-shim, and to install new parts. But, when I got it back together it won't shoot with the 8.4v battery he has with it, but then I put my 9.6 in it and it shoots perfectly fine... Then, I put a different sized 8.4v in it and it shoot just fine, then I put his battery in and it won't shoot again. But, when I put my battery that's the exact same one as his, it won't shoot.

So to recap:
    8.4v (his)-won't shoot.
    8.4v (exact same as his, just mine)-won't shoot.
    8.4v (stick)-shoots fine.
    9.6v (mine)-shoots fine.

I have no idea what's going on with this, he's coming by today to pick it up, so I need help soon.

2. Kmkraft12

Kmkraft12 New Member

Gainesville
    It is shimmed to tightly and the 8.4v doesn't have the power to push it over.

3. TheAirsoftTech

Why does the other 8.4v stick pull it then?

4. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    because it's not fully charged or maybe it's an inferior brand?

5. TheAirsoftTech

I tried 4 of the same 8.4v batteries, none pull it except the stick. The 9.6 seems to have no problem... Also, the stick battery is actually out of a crossman pulse r76. Lol and two of the 8.4's are Intellect the other a JG stock battery... So, I'm thinking it's to tightly shimmed.

6. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    then re-shim... you didn't test your shimming by free-spinning it with the gearbox screwed down?

7. TheAirsoftTech

I did, and it worked fine... :/

EDIT:
    Update:
    I got it working,Ii think my shimming was a hair to tight. Thanks for the help guy, as usual, it's much appreciated. :)

Last edited: Sep 2, 2012