Echo1 VS OEM Guns: Are There Any Differences?

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by Bullpup GOD, May 18, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Bullpup GOD

Bullpup GOD Member

Decatur
    So in browsing for an AK, I've found Echo1 has a large selection of AK's and other Russian weapons in there Red Star line of guns. From what I have heard, E1 rebrands CYMA's, JG's, and other Chinese guns. Now, E1 brands cost quite a bit more than the OEM versions of the guns. Is there any reason to buy an E1 over the OEM gun? Does E1 do anything more than adding their Red Star trades and including a crappy battery and charger?

link0 likes this.
  2. LightIsRight

LightIsRight Well-Known Member

Cannon Falls
    Doubtful. I've heard they did some internal modification at some point but no idea. Esppecially since you are never sure about what you're going to get, I'd just get the OEM gun if that is what you want.

3. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    Its all branding and taking advantage of the "inexperienced" and new Airsoft consumers.

Personally they do nothing to the gun. They may have the "factory" do something, like add in a battery and a charger, but they physically do nothing themselves.

4. -Spitfire-

-Spitfire- Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Oceanside
    Typically, they'll add in an E1 blue, Madbull bucking, and occasionally a few extra things [internally or externally]. Tend to have decent shimming, and possibly better QC. Personally, I used to like buying them used, but they're not a bad deal at retail price. As always though, do your research first... some of their guns[mainly their older ones] are entirely stock, with no improvements whatsoever.

5. Overwatch97

Overwatch97 Active Member

But if you are going to upgrade these parts anyways, and probably even better for less than the price difference, why pay the extra money to have “red star” stamped on the side of the gun?

6. -Spitfire-

-Spitfire- Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Oceanside
    Because this way you don't have to upgrade those parts... it's good to go out of the box. Remember, the majority of players aren't able to tech on their guns. This theoretically saves them money down the line, while giving them something that's slightly more competitive out of the box. As far as the licensing, while I personally don't care for licensing in general, some people think it's cool. I, in turn, think those people are odd... but that's just me.

Echo1 is to @Guges Mk3 as Lancer Tactical and Umarex are to @-Spitfire- :p

So if you don't like random friggin trades, and are able/willing to tech on your guns, the stock variant is probably going to be your best bet. If that's not the case, feel free to go with Echo1.

BOA_SP3CT3R likes this.