El Paso Airsoft Group

Discussion in 'Texas Airsoft Forum' started by lil_redd_again, Jan 5, 2013.

1. lil_redd_again

lil_redd_again New Member

El Paso
    Hey guys, Redd here just letting the world know about the new El Paso Airsoft Group on Facebook, please go like and check us out and help get the word out about our sport in here in the Borderland.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/537943616230771/

So again please tell your friends and come hit us up to get info on local events, buy/sell/trade, and anything else MILSIM in El Paso. Thanks for looking!

2. Shaggy_2123

Shaggy_2123 New Member

El Paso
    Hey dude I've created an page on FB too called El Paso Airsoft trying to expand the awarness for the sport socially. I've got friends that with time are gonna get ready to be airsoft players hit the page up so we can work together to expand

3. lil_redd_again

El Paso
    Right on man, are you one of the Baraco shooters or what?

4. Shaggy_2123

Shaggy_2123 New Member

El Paso
    Nah dude im a noob but im bringing like 20 ppl with me so far well in time we are all getting gear and what not. where are other AS fields besides American Eagle paintball?

Last edited: Jan 12, 2013
  5. lil_redd_again

El Paso
  6. Cassoday

Cassoday New Member

Hey guys my name is James Cassoday I'm from El Paso as well. I just recently bought my gun about 30 minutes ago. A FN Herstal Licensed SCAR Airsoft AEG Rifle by Dboy from evike. Also bought a bunch of other stuff. I have 2 friends that are going to be joining me and I just wanted to know the basics for this sport. I will be joining that Facebook page soon.

Thanks for any help.

7. lil_redd_again

El Paso
    Right on man yea just get on the facebook group and we will get you in the game!

8. Shaggy_2123

Shaggy_2123 New Member

El Paso
  9. Cassoday

Cassoday New Member

Tomorrow at 6pm at American Eagle Paintball.

10. Shaggy_2123

Shaggy_2123 New Member

El Paso
    I would join but my stuff is being shipped.

11. lil_redd_again

El Paso
  12. orion1

orion1 New Member

I would like to get started with airsoft here in EP but I have a couple questions. 1) is there an age limit? I am fourteen and play football at montwood high school (for those who know where that is) and I want to get my friends started as well as myself. 2) I have been reading a lot on sneaking and blending in with the environment. I don't want to sound "noobish" I know it's a lot different then what it looks like but what are your opinions on a "sniper/recon"? 3) I am a little short on money and it will most likely be a while before I am able to purchase any sort of gear. So (if any of you is willing) I would take donations ;p

13. Shaggy_2123

Shaggy_2123 New Member

El Paso
    Check out the Airsoft El Paso group on Fb guns are a lil pricy mainly because of what it is made out of what Co. it is and what kind of gun it is AEG(Automatic Electrical Gun) Gas gun or spring. Springs suck in my opinion unless its a sniper rifle. What is required you have is eye protection. No offense dude but us donation to you wont happen maybe we might lend you a gun nd thats bout it. You can ask you parents to get you a gun at wal mart its like 140 i think

14. lil_redd_again

El Paso
    Yea theres no real age limit just yet as long as your parents dont care if you get shot up and possibly get teeth shot out or bit by a snake in the desert or break your ankle or something like that. As far as gear goes, you sort of get what you pay for with these airsoft guns so just try to save up about $150+ and you can buy a good quality rifle and be competitive with us. After you get a rifle you will need eye protection, preferably full sealing goggles. Then a means of carrying water with you on the field either canteens or a camel back system, you dont want to be water bottle guy. Then you cant get a camo loadout, $30 at GI Supply, as well as military style/ hiking boots to stabilize your ankles. What sort of rifle were you thinking of getting?

15. orion1

orion1 New Member

Like I said I don't want to sound "noobish" but I have been reading a lot on sniper rifles and sneaking and things like that and I would really like to get a loadout like that whether its a recon sniper or support. I have been looking a lot at the TSD SD97 bolt action and I am pretty sure that this is the gun I would like. But the more threads that I read, the more doubts I get about this decision. You see I play paintball and whenever I do play I am on the front lines either being a distraction or completing the objectives, running around and crap like that. What is your opinion on sniping?

16. lil_redd_again

El Paso
    Sniping in this sport is sort of an acquired taste. You usually have to put several hundred dollars into a bolt action to be "competitive" but as soon as youre spotted, most AEGs will be able to pick you off. The ballistics on a bolt action arent relative to its real steel counterpart. I would suggest getting a good quality AEG and rocking it from there. Please contact me on the El Paso Airsoft Group facebook page and I'll tell you everything you need to know.