Elbow/knee pads for large guy

Discussion in 'Clothing / Gear' started by Boulder119, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Boulder119

Boulder119 New Member

I recently became the SAW gunner for my team, and I have been feeling need for some knee and elbow pads. Now, I am a large guy (not huge, but still large) and most elbow/knee pads reviews say they don't work well for large people. So if anyone has any experience with this stuff, I would appreciate some pointers.

2. SRT

SRT Member

berks county
    I also had this problem, however I hate wearing knee pads and find them cumbersome so I bought pants with built-in knee pads. I'm not saying they have to be crye, BLACKHAWK and 5.11 make pants with pockets for knee pads. Hope this helps.

3. Kopis

Kopis Active Member

I would get built in kneepads. I had nothing but trouble with other ones.

Buy my WE M16+4 mags, 200 +shipping CONUS

4. airsoftmaniacman

airsoftmaniacman Active Member

Baltimore
    The Bijan kneepads are probably the most secure/largest knee pads available. They were standard issue to the USMC a few years ago.

Aside from the Crye-style built in knee pads, the Bijan knee pads have been the most comfortable and secure knee pads I have ever used. I owned Alta prior to getting the Bijans, and the Bijans were much better.

5. Boulder119

Boulder119 New Member

Thanks for all of my the replies! I don't think knee pads build into pants will work for me since my team runs ACU's in ucp, and I cant find any pants in ucp. However, the bijan kneepads might work. Do you know if they tend to run big, small, or neither?

Last edited: Jun 16, 2015