Eleven-10 Tourniquet Holder & SOFTT-W

Discussion in 'Clothing / Gear' started by Medic95, Jan 17, 2018.

1. Medic95

Medic95 Member

I just got this as a late Christmas present and thought I would share.

TQ’s are non-essential when it comes to airsoft, but nonetheless vital to any sort of IFAK, or trauma kit.
    The TQ holder by 1110 is awesome. It’s super sturdy, holds the TQ snugly, and stays firmly in place on both my duty belt and my regular nylon belt. The belt attachment is adjustable to whatever belt you are wearing, and you can also buy it with a MOLLE attachment system if you want to put it on a vest.
    The SOFTT variant is a little fat and definently not concealable at around 2 & 5/8th inches in width from the buckle, but it makes up for this by being only 4 inches tall (5 & 5/8th with TQ holstered)

The CAT TQ version is longer and thinner, with quite a few more options to choose from in terms of finish and color, but I do not have a lot of personal experience with it myself. I’ve seen a couple local Officers carry it, but it haven’t tried it myself. I assume it to be similar quality and function to the SOFTT variant.

The SOF Tourniquet-Wide is the newest model of TQ by Tactical Medical Solutions; “The SOF®TT-W also has a true 1.5" tourniquet strap providing a wider compression pattern than most standard tourniquets or tourniquets with a 1" constricting band moving through a 1.5" sleeve. This broader compression pattern allows for increased patient comfort and additional arterial compression.”

So in English, it’s wider than the original SOFTT and this means it stops the bleeding better and is less painful compared to 1 inch TQ’s like the original SOFTT. It also comes It a few different colors, and I chose orange.
    I personally learned on CAT TQ’s in EMT school, so this is the first time I’ve ever used this type of TQ. The metal buckle and windless make this TQ heavier than the CAT, and honestly it’s not as easy to use because of the smaller locking clip. The CAT has a huge locking clip, and it makes securing the TQ much easier.
    So that’s it. Just wanted to share. If you have any questions related to anything TQ’s, IFAK’s, or anything medical, just let me know.

Attached Files:

kiwi94 likes this.