Elite Force Glock 17 Issue

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by RadEAtion, Jul 9, 2018.

1. RadEAtion

RadEAtion New Member

Lake Forest
    Hello all,

As the title suggests, I've been having an issue with my EF glock. Up until the last time I took an airsoft trip, the pistol worked flawlessly. I even tested it at home in the morning before packing it up and setting out on the road. However, when I arrived and went to chrono it, the slide gets stuck back after every shot. I don't mean in the same way that it does when the magazine is empty, as pushing down the slide release doesn't solve the issue. I lubed it up to no avail. Anybody have any suggestions or seen something similar? Thanks in advance.

2. -Spitfire-

-Spitfire- Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Oceanside
    Did you clean it before lubing it? And what did you use for lube?

3. RadEAtion

RadEAtion New Member

Lake Forest
    I did clean it before lubing it. I used silicon oil spray, which I know is generally regarded as inferior, but when I brought it to the tech he used his own regular silicon oil and that didn't help either.

4. AbaddonBound

AbaddonBound New Member

Colorado Springs
    Is this also posted on r/Airsoft reddit?

5. Honeybadgerz17

Honeybadgerz17 Well-Known Member

Bellevue
    @Guges Mk3 lets start the speech again. I would help but I dont have pics of your vp9 or know the exact lubricants besides super lube

6. RadEAtion

RadEAtion New Member

Lake Forest
    You got me. Figured I'd try to spread it around for more visibility.

AbaddonBound likes this.
  7. -Spitfire-

-Spitfire- Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Oceanside
    Nothing wrong with that.

8. RadEAtion

RadEAtion New Member

Lake Forest
    I'm using SC-50 silicon oil spray. Here are some pictures, not sure if these shine any light for you.

Attached Files:

9. Honeybadgerz17

Bellevue
    Problem with silicon oil is it's too thin and it attracts dirt, Guges mk3 can tell you what to get exactly for lube but it needs to be thicker. there is no reason you cant use real gun lube on gbb for the rails. It's just metal to metal contact, nothing airsoft specific

-Spitfire- likes this.
  10. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    I should just cut and paste my speech onto a text file on stick it on my desktop.

Please post your video here instead of Reddit.

And now the speech...

Do not use Silicone Spray or Oil on your Gas pistol. It is the wrong lube. American airsoft industry is "stupid" and carried a process from Classic Airsoft guns into modern Airsoft pistols. It does NOT apply. Back in the old days it was Freon and internal pistols. Instead of tearing down a classic to lube the insides. Oiling it was easier.

Modern Airsoft pistols should not use silicone oil due to it being to runny. It moves to places you don't need oil and does not stay on places that does need oil.

Grease the trigger group and use a non-creeping oil/grease on the rails. Also do NOT oil the mags either. Oil in the gas path put oil in places you must not have oil. The hop-up packing the the inside of the barrel. Oil on the packing reduces backspin effectiveness and oil in the barrel screws with the accuracy.

Asian Model VP9 - Grease on the trigger group.

[​IMG]

Asian VP9

Grease on the rails.

[​IMG]

As for your binding issue...the Silicone spray you are using may have swelled up the gas route packing. Please post a picture of that when you can...

-Spitfire- likes this.
  11. RadEAtion

RadEAtion New Member

Lake Forest
    I believe I've isolated the cause of this issue. Here you can see that when I place toothpicks in both of the slide release levers, the gun fires flawlessly, but when I take them out - the slide gets stuck.

I also discovered that when the slide was stuck, pushing the outer barrel back would release it, leading me to believe that the outer barrel was getting stuck on the piece that holds the slide in place.

All this said, I'm not sure how to fix the problem, which is why I'm still here. I'm thinking possibly sanding down the fin on the bottom of the outer barrel slightly, but I'm not sure what role it plays and if even the slightest change would adversely affect the gun.[​IMG]

12. Honeybadgerz17

Bellevue
    @Guges Mk3 could this be due to the extra plate that Elite Force put on the bottom of the slide that is not on other Glock models

13. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    Yes, very likely. It prevents barrel tip and that looks like the issue...restricted movement of the outer barrel. I am not sure why they changed this.

I think you should NOT file the barrel...rather file the stupidly large plate they have in the grip now.

Read my comments here:

https://www.airsoftsociety.com/threads/elite-force-glock-g19-not-impressed.148948/#post-1725330

I just got my own EF G17 now and will be analyzing it over the next year.

Sadly, your first video also confirmed an issue I had with the G19. A not very effective hop-up.

-Spitfire- likes this.
  14. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    So, I started messing with "my" G17 and I am Not impressed with this thing. Due to the volume they must be cranking these out in...the QC things that would not pass before are getting by now.

Trigger response on this model is absolute mush. Not snappy at all, slugish. My metal sG35 is snappier than this mass produced monstrosity...

How up is ineffective due to the to excessive amount of oil. I will dissect that later but out of the box the Hop-up is worthless.

RadEA,

Can you post a picture of your lower internals? From this profile...

[​IMG]

15. RadEAtion

RadEAtion New Member

Lake Forest
    I will do so as soon as I'm able, unfortunately I'm out of town until Sunday.

Keep me updated on any more of your findings

16. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    Will do...I am surmising some filing is in order...

-Spitfire- likes this.
  17. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    And now for the Elite Force G17 Asia Version - It's a Gen 3 Replica...and it shoots better than the Gen 4 variant.

With Helix threaded barrel installed

[​IMG]

No stupid disclaimer and a more robust grip...no G4 flex at the dust cover.

[​IMG]

Fake extractor is loose...

[​IMG]

Lame...

[​IMG]
    Can almost wiggle out.

[​IMG]

It however shoots better than the G4, very snappy, not sluggish at all like the unmodified G4. FPS is slightly higher...bbs were unintentionally punching through 2 sides of cardboard unlike G4 only going through one and denting the second layer.

Who wants one? Got 2...

link0 likes this.
  18. Honeybadgerz17

Bellevue
    Just saw that on HopUp...

19. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    That is my package deal.