Elite force M4

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by AirsoftimusPrime, Sep 27, 2012.

1. AirsoftimusPrime

AirsoftimusPrime New Member

Satellite Beach
    I didn't make an opinion on it until recently

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=9398

Look at the video. Out of the box it shoots ~320fps (for a cqb gun that's perfect), but the real awesome thing is the consistency. Wait for the chrono, is that not ridiculous for a stock gun?

Anyways, anyone have an experience with these? They might be the new guns to get if you're not planning on upgrading...

2. Scarred

Scarred New Member

I wouldn't get it. It's. just a Sportline. It's probably no better than a JG.

3. AirsoftimusPrime

Satellite Beach
    That's what I would've thought. Did you look at the FPS consistency?

I have no intention to get one, I doubt the parts are better then a JG. But a JG is poorly tuned, so new players who don't want their gun tuned might have better luck with this. I'll spoil it as I guess it's difficult to watch the video. The gun has an FPS range of 3. THREE.

4. Lil_Shady

Lil_Shady Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Supporter

The field I admin at uses them as rentals. I'm rather impressed by them, though I find the ROF slow for my personal tastes. We haven't had any issues with them other than the piston. If you buy one that needs to be the first thing you replace.

5. AirsoftimusPrime

Satellite Beach
    Again, I personally won't buy one. I'm just saying the tuning is great for a stock gun. The consistency is incredible.

Might not be the best for beginners if the pistons are bad, though.

6. PistolsAndMP5s

PistolsAndMP5s New Member

Corona
    The rate of fire sucks stock. I put a pair of high speed gear sets in mine (SHS 13:1) and a new motor in mine and I am very impressed with it. The only thing that I don't like is that there are a few proprietary parts, and the micro switch (people say that it breaks very quickly, but I have yet to have an issue with it).

Here it is now. It has one of the best polymer bodies that I have used. The nylon fiber body and metal rails give it a great feel and the selector switch is very crisp (one of my pet peeves are loose selector switches) but this one is solid.

Attached Files:

7. AirsoftimusPrime

Satellite Beach
    So it seems decent if they won't upgrade. I'm just in shock with the consistency of it.

8. schlabie

schlabie New Member

I own one and use it as my primary, and i have no problems with it. Its a fantastic gun, all ive done to it is add a rear sling mount because there wasnt one.

9. AirsoftimusPrime

Satellite Beach
    Is the consistency as good as in the video?

10. PistolsAndMP5s

PistolsAndMP5s New Member

Corona
    I'd say yes. I love the quick change spring feature. I'm putting in a slightly stronger spring because the stock one has weakened to around 310 fps and I would like a consistent 350-360 fps.
    Stock accuracy is great too but I don't like the small flip up sights. It's a bit hard to see through.

11. schlabie

schlabie New Member

Yes. And due to the quick change spring feature you can change spring and spring guide easy

12. rileymccann

rileymccann New Member

Long Beach
    You can get an ICS sportline(one of the best sportlines, and it has the split gb design for easy modifications...)but i would buy a KA Colt full metal m4. with coupon codes on asgi, and free shipping for over 100$, you can get it for under 190$
    but if you need a rail now, i would go with this...
    http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=408_410&products_id=9621
    its pretty as good as any sportline, if not better than a vast majority of them

13. AirsoftimusPrime

Satellite Beach
    Do people just not read into these threads? I'm not looking for a new rifle. I was methodically watching ASGI videos for no real reason and I saw the Elite Force M4 CQBR. I originally thought "oh look, ASGI is trying to rip people off, nothing's new". But then I saw the chrono..

Just to clarify, and I'll make this colourful for everyone who doesn't like reading boring letters I AM NOT LOOKING FOR A GUN

Last edited: Sep 29, 2012
  14. ShooterMcgavin

ShooterMcgavin New Member

New Port News
    PSH Who has the time to read the thread body? I just look at the title and assume its another Which gun question.

It looks good and sounds pretty decent internally but does the ICS sportlines internals/externals beat this? I dont know I have not held that gun or compared the two. Though the addition of more guns at this price range is always a good thing and from the chrono test quality compression is always a good sign.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2012
  15. AirsoftimusPrime

Satellite Beach
    I'm noticing 3 good signs with this

1: The externals (according to ASGI they are solid, would mean nothing whatsoever but it's been confirmed by a poster).
    2: The compression (>3 deviation is what I would expect out of a tuned rifle, definitely not stock. JGs have like 20 fps deviation out of the box).
    3: The 320fps (TM effect, even if the gun is not durable, it won't matter because the spring is giving so little load. It is a great CQB fps as well).

This really could be a new awesome beginner gun.

16. Scarred

Scarred New Member

You have to remember that ASGI is just trying to sell us stuff. In this case, an overpriced Combat Machine.

17. Lil_Shady

Lil_Shady Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Supporter

I'm afraid you couldn't be more wrong. It is much more consistent than anything I have seen G&G put out. Worth $200? Not in my opinion, but definitely not as horrible as a combat machine. I'd grab one of these first any day.

18. Scarred

Scarred New Member

Well then I stand corrected. Thanks, Shady.

19. schlabie

schlabie New Member

I do beg to differ. I own one, and the beginning combat machines had lots of problems, from motors to gearbox stuff. Ive had no problems with my gun, even though id like to do some internal work to it.and the elite force m4 sportline version is what yall get at faa. With the handguard, hes talking bout the ris, the internals are same though.

20. Nelson

Nelson Review Guru Supporting Member

Spokane
    I'm afraid this is incorrect as well, the beginning combat machines (gen 1) were the best combat machines put out on the market, as they started putting out new combat machines they got really bad with their wires, motor, connectors, etc. This new Elite force looks like a great bang for your buck,it's constancy is nice but my gen 1 combat machine only had a leeway of 3 FPS at 330