Elite force motor height

Discussion in 'Beginners Forum' started by Kenneth Manczuk, Apr 16, 2018 at 12:02 PM.

1. Kenneth Manczuk

Kenneth Manczuk New Member

Warren
    Took motok out to swap into my sons gun. His was having intermitent issues, chased down to motor. Wanted to verify befor buying new motor. New motor would not seat into my Elite, so i put it new motor into kids gun. Works great. Now my elite is firing 4 to 5 times then jams. Take grip off to reset. Now once motor back in and plate installed motor has no travel. Bottomed out in grip. Wire management confirmed, both routed to rear of motor. Any thoughts? Have 4 kids plus myself getting into airsoft, so self tech is my option at present. Mechanical and tech inclined, so i have the patience and tools, just missing something somehow.

2. Honeybadgerz17

Honeybadgerz17 Member

Bellevue
    Most guns have a motor height set screw on the bottom of the pistol grip, typically will look like a massive flat head screw

3. Kenneth Manczuk

Kenneth Manczuk New Member

Warren
    Tried that initially. Still locked it up. Pulled adjustment screw out with plate installed and motor feels bottomed out. Cant not push motor into gear box any further. Is it possible that the round hole in base of the grip be enlarged a bit, feels like binding. Or shim the grip screws to gear box with small thin washers to change to depth available for motor travel?

4. Honeybadgerz17

Honeybadgerz17 Member

Bellevue
    On my Elite Force M4 CQB I had the same thing happen to the motor, now the gun still worked, but when trying to pull it out to upgrade the motor the pinion gear (the one on the motor) got stuck in the hole in the pistol grip. Elite force might have bad quality control in this regard. I just wrenched the stock motor out of the pistol grip and took a dremel to the hole to open it a bit up. Also the motor you put in the gun, was it a long type or short type. I know that this is probably not the issue but it doesn't hurt to check.

5. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Well-Known Member

Minneapolis
    You can't put a short type in long type motor compartment with out some serious space issues that would be obvious. The 1/2" or 13mm difference in length is quite noticeable...

6. Honeybadgerz17

Honeybadgerz17 Member

Bellevue
    yea that wouldn't make much since but thought I should ask anyways