Elite Force/VFC G19x hopup not working?

Discussion in 'Gas Powered Guns' started by boombapbattlerap, Feb 17, 2020.

1. boombapbattlerap

boombapbattlerap New Member

I opened up the hopup to clean the inner barrel, and when I put it back together adjusting the guide rod to increase or decrease the hopup doesn't seem to actually do anything anymore resulting in BBs just falling straight out of the barrel. Nothing looks broken, and when I push the little silver lever up by hand(what the guide rod pushes in order to increase the hopup when you twist the guide rod) it seems to work fine so my guess is that there appears to be some kind of issue with the guide rod? It's stock, only a month old and was working fine before I opened it up so I'm not exactly sure what is causing the guide rod not to adjust the hopup anymore

Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
  2. boombapbattlerap

Here are the photos

Attached Files:

3. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    The lever has to fall into that guide channel.

4. boombapbattlerap

Do you mean below the silver part that presses down the bucking, instead of being inside the little hole that the liver is inside? If so, I tried that before making this post and it didn't make much of a difference. If you have a G19x, can you provide a picture of the hopup chamber opened up in the same manner as my picture? It would help a lot with me figuring out if something is broken or missing.

5. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    I have one for mocking up items. I will remove the assembly and post pictures.

6. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    IMG_20200219_201033.jpg IMG_20200219_201050.jpg

The silver lever is "in" the channel in the wheel.

[​IMG]

7. K.R.

K.R. Member

Clemson
    How did you remove the inner barrel from the outer barrel? I just got a G19X and couldn't figure out how to do so since the two barrels seem locked together with some metal parts. Couldn't find any videos or article explaining this...

8. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    Deductive reasoning...that is how I got it apart. From what I recall, You have to disconnect the spring guide from the hop-up unit and then they separate to allow you to take it apart. I'll see if I can find it and take it apart again.

9. K.R.

K.R. Member

Clemson
    If you know of a video showing this please let me know. I can only find videos for EF G17 in which they just used a screw driver to pry the inner/outer barrels apart. That doesn't look like it would work for G19X since there's some metal segments that are locked together between those two parts.

10. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    Prying a G17?

Yeah...don't watch that tech again....there is nothing to pry in a G17...much less any of the "glock" pistols.

11. K.R.

K.R. Member

Clemson
    Well it looks like Umarex doesn't want you to ever work on your gun. This is the reply I got from them when I asked the same question.

"The Glock 19X should never be disassembled by the customer as stated in the owners manual. Doing so voids the warranty."

12. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    Well...that is due to the nature of Airsofters...and if you are in the industry fielding these calls...you would know why.

I wish I had a copy of that 13 year old bitching out our tech about how an AEG with a hicap shouldn't be dropping bbs when you disconnected the mag...kid was c l u e l e s s...

GrimWolf0770 likes this.
  13. Ben3721

Ben3721 Well-Known Member

It's easier to brush off a customer than to help them. A warranty for an airsoft product is a joke within itself. Even if you responded that the gun is beyond the warranty date they would likely not even respond back. Heh its not like they put a warranty tamper proof sticker on a gbb...

Also is the hop adjustment wheel on the back of the recoil spring rod? How does it stay steady to begin with?

14. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    It has a channel that holds it and that channel decreases to center as it's rotated.

15. GrimWolf0770

GrimWolf0770 Active Member

Pittsburgh area
    Is it me or dose the overall finish on that thing look well bad/unfinished? I've been watching these vfc glocks and I not impressed with them at all. I think ill go with kjworks or tm. X~X

16. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    These units are rather "inconsistent" from unit to unit.

One can have rails 1mm lower than another, one can have "two tone" paint...

These GBB's are lick pistols from the mid-20th century (Like the S&W Performance Center .45) where sequential units in a series can have parts that can't be swapped without functionality/fitment issues.